You can type here any text you want

10 bolt 8.5???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

black owned

black pride
what other 8.5 can be put under a gn?somwhere i read about light mods on an older rear to get it to fit a gbody.thanks....

the 84-87 turbo Regals and 84-87 Olds 442/Hurst Olds were the only G bodies that got the 8.5.
a 10 or 12 bolt out of either a 64-67 or 68-72 A body can be made to fit with a little work- someone used to sell a kit.

the 84-87 turbo Regals and 84-87 Olds 442/Hurst Olds were the only G bodies that got the 8.5.
a 10 or 12 bolt out of either a 64-67 or 68-72 A body can be made to fit with a little work- someone used to sell a kit.
correct me if im wrong but made to fit,ie....cut the spring perch and altering the shock mounts?

Nope. You can get different arms and it's pretty much a bolt in with the A body rears. The rest are bolt in direct.

correct me if im wrong but made to fit,ie....cut the spring perch and altering the shock mounts?

You are correct. The G-Body spring perch is on top of the axle tube where as everything else has the perch in front of the tube. Lower shock mount bolt is at a different angle but isn't that much of a big deal.

Here's a thread from the other site I posted pics on a few years ago that shows some of the work and parts needed to swap in another year of rear axle under a G-Body.rear end? - GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums I'm in the process of building a swap kit and as soon as get all of the nuts and bolts finalized I'll put it up on the site.

You are correct. The G-Body spring perch is on top of the axle tube where as everything else has the perch in front of the tube. Lower shock mount bolt is at a different angle but isn't that much of a big deal.

Here's a thread from the other site I posted pics on a few years ago that shows some of the work and parts needed to swap in another year of rear axle under a G-Body.rear end? - GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums I'm in the process of building a swap kit and as soon as get all of the nuts and bolts finalized I'll put it up on the site.
thanks.......

Back