You can type here any text you want

10 inch rim vs. 12 inch rim?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
Does Mickey Thompson make a DR tire that is made for a 12 inch rim? I know they make one for a 10 inch rim.

I guess MT makes a tire that will fit on the 12 inch rim but considering the tire will have less wall on it would the 10 inch rim actually hook up better on the street or am I wrong? Thanx?

325 is the biggest DR they offer.
Goodyear has a 345/55 which would work and has a 14" section width. :eek:

The 12" rim will give the tire a truer thread patch as the bead will not be pulling down the sidewall like it would on a 10" rim.

The wider rim will also offer better cornering for the same reason, not a ton of sidewall to flex.

But you added more weight and most likely you aren't going to be doing 80 to 100 around corners with MT on. :eek:

325 is the biggest DR they offer.
Goodyear has a 345/55 which would work and has a 14" section width. :eek:

The 12" rim will give the tire a truer thread patch as the bead will not be pulling down the sidewall like it would on a 10" rim.

The wider rim will also offer better cornering for the same reason, not a ton of sidewall to flex.

But you added more weight and most likely you aren't going to be doing 80 to 100 around corners with MT on. :eek:

Yea, probably won't be doing much cornering at 100 mph...lol but I get the point. Thanx, the truer thread patch is where I think I am trying to get for street use with the use of a wider rim. It will basically be a highway monster from a roll anyway. Thanx 4 the info;)

Old rule of..

Yea, probably won't be doing much cornering at 100 mph...lol but I get the point. Thanx, the truer thread patch is where I think I am trying to get for street use with the use of a wider rim. It will basically be a highway monster from a roll anyway. Thanx 4 the info;)

thumb: Up to 10" tire, the wheel will work OK, at 2" narrower.
>10", keep the wheel as close to the tire width as possible.

Works for me, but I'm old...:D

I try to keep the rim width as close to the thread width as possible- works great for me.

Back