100% stock what's first? need mid 12s or better

fastlif

Master of Logic & Reason
What is the cheapest/easiest way to get mid 12s or better. Starting with a 47k mile stock GN.

All opinions appreciated!

Keep it simple. Cold air intake, exhaust dump, a good chip, 110 octane fuel and 20# boost. I went 12.80, stock turbo, on big street tires(1.80 60 ft.), 12.25@108(1.51 60 ft.) w/slicks in 100k car, un- opened engine. This was in 1994, old technology. You honestly don't need bigger turbo or injectors fo 12's. A local friend went 11.90's with same recipe, more boost. On the edge though!

street combo that lets you not use race gas; upgraded fuel pump w/hotwire, ADJ FPR, K&N high flow air filter, chip, 93 octane fuel w/alky, scanmaster, boost gauge. Up the boost to 20#'s.

street combo that lets you not use race gas; upgraded fuel pump w/hotwire, ADJ FPR, K&N high flow air filter, chip, 93 octane fuel w/alky, scanmaster, boost gauge. Up the boost to 20#'s.

YUP :biggrin: Shift-kit, trans cooler, and good tires too.

tire's, boost, and fuel....and a good 60'. 12's easy.

Of course all after a spring cleaning and general tune up.

It makes sense to me to purchase a scan tool if nobody recommended it before. I'm a newbie but, in my humble opinion, my Scan Master has helped me learn a great deal about how the car is running. More importantly it helps you keep tabs on potential problems so they don't turn in to real problems and when a problem does surface, the tool helps you narrow down some issues.

thanks guys, lots of good info here. I've done the spring cleaning so far, have ordered a chip/injectors from TT and a scan master. After christmas a few more things and paint.

Fastlif there is so much info on this site, you just have to decide where you want to go and how much you are looking to spend. I have spent several hours each night searching through all the info here.

That is also dangerous because the more you read, the more you want:)

Aaron

Do yourself a favor

Don't mess with a nice stock low mileage car- by one that done. You will be bucks ahead.. Have fun

by one that done. You will be bucks ahead..

Problem is is that you have no idea what was actually done to the car. Lots of cars in here that "should" do 10's, 11's, or 12's!! Lots of time your getting someone elses headache . I'd stay with a nice stocker and do a few mods and have fun with the car :cool:

Find someone in your area that knows these cars. I have met some good friends on this board. A lot of them have helped me get my car screaming from what it has been. But its good to have someone that knows these cars. For instance my supposedly stock car, hand an intercooler with only one bracket on it, a few things wired up with speaker wire. I had pittsburgh's #1 turbo mechanic (stagemonster)hook up my car