You can type here any text you want

109 block?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mtm864

see alot of ppl when they mention their mods they mention a stock 109 block is this a stock block or no? I have a stock 85 hot air car and im trying to get familiar with it oh and how can i tell what gear and if it has a posi rear? thanks i have 1 85 i sold and i got this one now. Im planning on doing a built bottom end on this one and im needing help and advice with cams pistons and rods and such. Im wanting to get a te44 or 49 and im swapping turbo setup location to 87. Couldnt make up my mind on the other car and my mechanic bought it so i got this one not running. So if anyone out there can shed some light and point me into the right direction i would thank you. My goal is streetable mid to low 11sec quarter car and low 7 eighth mile car. thanks

109 block is a stock block 20 bolt oil pan. these also came in non turbo cars,but i think only 1986 and up. on the sticker on the underside of your trunk is the option label. g80 is a posi rear

109 block is a stock block 20 bolt oil pan. these also came in non turbo cars,but i think only 1986 and up. on the sticker on the underside of your trunk is the option label. g80 is a posi rear

ahhhh so are the 109's stronger? and what non turbo car can they be found in? mine has the 14 bolt i think i read somewhere and it said it came with 14 bolt oil pan BOOOOO but anyway thanks for the info man ill check that label shortly

All 86 & 87 cars meaning Cutlasses, Grand Prixs, Bonnevilles, and Regals with a V-6, utilize the 109 block. ;)

All 86 & 87 cars meaning Cutlasses, Grand Prixs, Bonnevilles, and Regals with a V-6, utilize the 109 block. ;)

ok how can i identify that it is a 109 block because i will be heading out to find one lol and everything from the 85 gn bolts right up right

Well, there's a part number where the last three digits are 109 above the starter, I believe. Might be on the other side ... Can't remember exactly. The raised part number are about 3/4" tall and read from top of cylinder head seam down toward the pan. Another method is there is a boss up over the timing cover left of center if your looking at the motor from the front of the car. This boss is the location on a turbo motor for the turbo oil return. All 86 and 87 G-body 231s have the 109. Yes, heads and timing chain cover bolt on.

The 109 block was used in the late 85 and up cars. First count the bolts that hold the pan on and then the casting number is above the starter pad. You can have either the 109 block or another block.

not exactly

The 109 block was used in the late 85 and up cars. First count the bolts that hold the pan on and then the casting number is above the starter pad. You can have either the 109 block or another block.

109 block did not come out untill 1986. True that some late 85 cars had 20 bolt pans but they were not a 109 block. My car being an example.

86-7 turbo blocks have a boss with a tapped hole for the turbo oil return line. The non turbo block can be drilled for it.

Back