10s with a cpt66

TOMS86GN

Im in the process of building my short block, but i was wondering what other pieces would be a nice addition to be able to run 10.9 or better. Am I wasting money going to alum gn-1s as well as switching over to a FAST unit. Tell me what you guys think and help me build it right

Well ported Irons would take you there as well. I dont think you need FAST at all. A good tune will do wonders... with a stock 109 block, with proted 8445s I am looking to run 9.99 on a deathly tune and 10.80-10.90's on tue 93... with a TE63

thanks my true goal is to have a deadly street car as well as to beat my s*** talking boss who thinks nothing can beat his c6

Is it a Z06? If not, you dont have too much to worry about...

If it is, those cars CAN run a 10, stock... with a GOOD driver... 12's without.

My car is about 11.50 average... and is a deadly streetcar

No its a ls2, and hes a horrible driver, he said if so happens he messes up hes getting a zo6, which i dont think id be to worried about either, not that i dont know what those cars are capable of just seeing this guy drive a stick is funny :tongue:

No its a ls2, and hes a horrible driver, he said if so happens he messes up hes getting a zo6, which i dont think id be to worried about either, not that i dont know what those cars are capable of just seeing this guy drive a stick is funny :tongue:
Tell him to get the ZO6 now because you are going to smash him without it. Pound the hell out of him even if he claims he missed a shift or some other BS. I would go with iron heads to save $ for suspension work and some M/T DR's. There is little to be gained over the ported irons with the GN1's un-ported. Use a cam in the 210 degree duration area. Get rid of any unnecessary weight. Buy a wideband datalogger to use for tuning and reliability. You will have the stock bottom end more than taxed with a good running iron headed engine. Be sure to report back after you kick his a$$.

I am using lightly ported GN1s with a CPT66BB, engine management is a Gen 2 with wideband tracking. It will not take much boost to run a high 10s once you have everything dialed in. The turbo and heads combo make for a killer street/strip combo with a tight stall. Rest of the pieces and timeslip are in my sig.