10sec on stock bottom end?

luv2fast

I'm looking to run 10 seconds on my 1984 stock bottom ended 3.8 v-6. Is this a really stupid thing to do? The crank is out of a 1987 GN, stock rods polished and shot peened, ARP bolts, Billet all 4 main caps and ARP main studs.
I'm running a set of GN1 ported heads, ATI D1 procharger/18PSI boost, intercooled, Holley 750 carb, 700R4 trans and I weigh 2800 lbs.:confused:

Are you running NA pistons? If so, I have no idea how long they would hold. Another thing is the motor is going to have to make more hp to power the blower which is going to add more stress at the same RWHP level.

What type of car is it in? 10's in a lighter car might be ok, but I still would have gone with the girdle if you had room to fit it since the blower can put an enormous load on the snout of the crank AND on the front mains of the block. The #2 main is usually the week spot on the Buick. Adding a blower to the equation is not going to help any. The Prochargers are great blowers, but I remember my friends with their Mustangs running the 12 rib or cog set ups breaking the keyways on the crank off OR cracking the balancers. The Buick V6 can be built plenty tough, but you can only do so much with stock parts. RPM kills them very quickly as well. Try keeping the rev's under 6,000.
My next question is why did you go to the trouble to adapt a TH700 when a TH2004r can bolt right on, has better gear rations AND can handle more power thanks to available billet parts?

That should be easy.

I just went 10.86 @ 124.39 in a 2,750lb (w/me) 240Z with a stock longblock (no head work or cam), ARP rod bolts and headstuds, PTE-51, M/E-16, FMIC, 24# boost, C-16/110 mix, RJC powerplate. Your setup should make a ton more HP than mine w/o pushing it.