11.0 street combo

TurboDetroit

Need help putting a combo together that is capable of consistent 11.0-11.3 times. The more i read the more i question everything. I want to be able to keep up with a zo6 from a street light. Fast spool is essential, car isn't going to be ran too hard and beat on, maybe 1 or 2 track trips.

*Pretty much all street
*weekend warrior
*full weight a/c car
*run on 93 and alky (no race gas)

Right now i am going to try and maximize my stock turbo combo as i gather parts for next seasons engine. List starts here:

60lb injectors w/TT chip
3" down pipe
Adj billet FPR
Alky Kit
hotwired walbro
M/T ET tires
car has 3.23 eaton posi rear.
stock intercooler
stock heads

sooo... what turbo suits my needs. Should i go with a billet 6057, 6262? Keep it simple with a cast? All the options and my inexperience in tuning all come into play. I can learn my tuning, but the turbo catalogs
keep growing. Matching converter choices?

Ill upgrade the heads one day but id like to touch the times with the stockers. Again my main concern is stoplight launch, quick spool up and minimal lag. I don't want to say a budget, though I'm not a wealthy guy, street car reliability is key. Thanks ahead for the input i know ill receive.

I've got a ball bearing 6262 here I could put a Garrett .63 ex housing on if you're interested. It will easily cover your performance goal and spool really fast. You will be running boost in the high 20's to get it done.

ill keep that in mind, thanks. Not quite ready to jump...Right now I'm sitting with a pad and paper wrecking my brain....

IMO, without spending some money to do it reliably on lower boost numbers, your best option is a turbo/convertor combo with high boost added to the list you have.
Bison knows turbos and can get you into what you need to achieve your goal.
Heads and cam would be ideal with it.

Bowl port the heads and a little roller cam will really make a difference. To keep up with a C6 Z06 you'll want to trap 125+ mph.

Look at my old thread 10.61@127.85 with a 60-1. Basic engine parts. Bowls cleaned up, 60-1, precision fmic, small 212/212, 9.5" PTC, 93/alky. The engine only had 7.5:1CR.

I'd have no problem running boost in the mid-high 20's. What stall is needed to spool that 6262 ball bearing?

TurboDetroit said:
I'd have no problem running boost in the mid-high 20's. What stall is needed to spool that 6262 ball bearing?

2800@0 works well. I could recontour a Garrett .63 for it and reduce spool time.

I'm running exactly what your talking about on a stock long block at 28# boost. Ran three 11.0's in a row on Friday. Mods are in my sig.

I'm running exactly what your talking about on a stock long block at 28# boost. Ran three 11.0's in a row on Friday. Mods are in my sig.
mos def exactly the time I'm looking for on the stock block. I can't wait until i can work myself into that. How are the street manners and what size prostars are you running with the 295's. Did you have to roll your fenders?

Street manners are great. Rides as nice as any other stock GN. I drive it to Atco which is an hour drive for me, and drive it home after my 11.0 passes. I did roll the fenders, and they are 9.5 prostars. Car has fiberglass bumpers and aluminum supports