OLD SMC alky system w/single noz
100% denatured alcohol
10x27 Hoosier QTP
Stock suspension w/sway bars
Old shocks too
Stock D5 converter

Now for the 'wild' build:
SMC Alky kit
TA49 ( I read elswhere this was a 'plug')
43# injectors
Stock IC with big mouth
3" THDP
Through old BGC 2 3/4" dual exhaust
RA 107 chip

1.64 sixty but has done 1.5s quite often.
(foot brake only w/8-10# launch)

Don't take lots of money, just lots of tuning:tongue:

Hank

congrats..

I also have a limited that is going to get almost the exact same set up. Now I know what I can push my combination too. Thanks for the post and congrats!

Brian

1987 Limited w/blackout pkg.
Also, no pwr windows or seats.
Not even a rear defroster!

12 second recipe base
OLD SMC alky system w/single noz
100% denatured alcohol
10x27 Hoosier QTP
Stock suspension w/sway bars
Old shocks too
Stock D5 converter

Now for the 'wild' build:
SMC Alky kit
TA49 ( I read elswhere this was a 'plug')
43# injectors
Stock IC with big mouth
3" THDP
Through old BGC 2 3/4" dual exhaust
RA 107 chip

1.64 sixty but has done 1.5s quite often.
(foot brake only w/8-10# launch)

Don't take lots of money, just lots of tuning:tongue:

Hank
i am runnig the same turbo with 50pound injectors...how many pounds of boost did you run to achive your time??

I have some what of the same set up but ain't running that, so
who did your tunning and what with, also how much boost. I know
all cars are diff though.

I run 25-26#, just a tickle on the knock detector..........1* or less. I tune by EGT and this cars likes 1460* ish area. I know it sounds a little rich but thats what works for this combo.

HTH,

Hank

I have pretty much the same setup, minus the dutt neck on the intercooler. I'd be pretty much thrilled to get anywhere near that when I'm done :D

I see you tune with an EGT, How accurate it that and where could I get some info on the safe ranges of egt temps.

Thanks,Joe.

Good run. With that MPH it has a little better E.T. in it. Nice seeing fast Limiteds!

Tuning by EGTs is very accurate, consistent, and IMO the only way to tune with AI along with monitoring knock. I have little faith in o2 voltage.........especially with AI.

I know of no set ranges re: temps and AI. I tune as if using o2 voltage. Sneak up on the boost/fuel until no knock, max performance achieved and watch the EGT. The EGT gage is just another tool to monitor performance but more reliable and accurate than o2 sensors IMO.

My EGT set up is from SMC. Steve may be able to point you to a location identifying standard EGT ranges and etc.

HTH,

Hank

I have found it best to tune at 1600° with a similar setup.

I just wanted to post since it wasnt brought up, that everytime i make a pass and lift i can watch the EGT meter rise an additional 50° after i let off.

So i you tune for 1500 at the top end when you let out(highest recorded setting on the meter), in my cars its really 1450°

Also, the 107 is throwing alot of fuel :) Do you know the timing in that chip?

Sounds like the car is running real good, i wonder what it would do with more timing added to it with the current tune :) :) :)

BW

Out of the box, Red's 107 is a 24* chip. My feeling is that I have just about maxed out this combo. At 26# with a TA49 just tickeling the knock detector, trading boost for timing probably won't make much difference. Although I have played with a 26* chip ;) .

Hank