11 seconds on street tires?

I just hit the 11's last night on Cooper Cobras. my 60ft was 2.00 and it ran 11.95 at 119.9mph.

Tiny 225 / 60 - 15 Yokohama Z rated tires. 32 psi in tires. Didn't hit 11's with those tires, but I did go 12.3 @ 124 mph:) Only tried 3 times:

13.5 @ 100 - forgot to put shifter in 3rd and tried to run the 1/4 in 2nd gear...bad idea...

12.3 @ 124 - 2.2 60 foot. A little squirrely on 1-2 shift but not bad. Coulda left harder I guess to get a 1.9 60 foot and there's an 11 sec pass...maybe...

13.6 @ 115 - I smoked the tires on 1-2 shift and hit 27 psi boost and had to straighten the car out.

Dusty Bradford said:
I wish I new what the secret was. The car was a 6.6 @103 car on 33# and C16. I just got bored and started playing on real radials to see what I could do. I could only run 22 psi or it would kill the tires when the boost came in. I just kept trying different boost launches and finally got it figured out. With 30psi in the tires I could leave on 2# of boost and I guess the combination just worked well together. It took the q trim 66 with .85 housing a little while to spool so it was perfect for true radials. I had good rear control arms with adjustable uppers and 90/10's in the front with moroso drag springs. It would 60' in the 1.49-1.52 range on 275/50 dr's.

A freind of mine always ran on real radials. It was a 6.90 car on good gas and slicks but with the boost turned down he could go low-mid 1.7's on true radials. His car had all stock suspension with nothing but a pass. airbag.

We did notice a difference in track nights also. These times only happened on good nights when a lot of slick tired cars were running. If you have a track where you have a lot of imports or radial tire cars tearing the track up then it's harder to get the good 60's. Most of my times were in the high 1.7 range with a handful of 1.6's.
nice work, must try this myself.

Dr. Booster..I am running a TE-67 P-Trim/ .85 exhaust housing, 20 psi, and there is headwork involved.
That had to be the greatest night at the track that I've ever had. I've gone faster on slicks, but running an 11 on street tires ( no drag radials ) was awesome. I know that there is alot left in the car, but I broke a bolt off in the rocker shaft pedistal when the rocker shaft broke. Now I have to pull the driver's side head off and send it to the machine shop to have them drill it out and fix the hole. Anyone ever had this happen?

a few weeks ago at the Turbo Thunder event in Oregon I ran my first 11 and it was on a 18" street tire. 11.76 @ 116.95 w/1.77 60 ft. This was on a Toyo Proxes T1S ( 295 35 18 ) true street tire. I'm still playing with the tune. I would like to run 11.5x's on the 18's. Its pretty funny to see the looks on the guys faces when you pull back in the staging lanes and they are scratching their heads trying to figure out how! :cool:

I think my next major mod is going to be the 67 turbo.

Hows the spool up on the .85 housing?

And Peterkin, it appears as if you got a bit faster, 11.85, street tires??

JP, thats an insane time on 18" rims, but I heard those new BFG's are great tires, to bad they do not make them in 295/50/15's. :(

295s!

JP87GN said:
a few weeks ago at the Turbo Thunder event in Oregon I ran my first 11 and it was on a 18" street tire. 11.76 @ 116.95 w/1.77 60 ft. This was on a Toyo Proxes T1S ( 295 35 18 ) true street tire. I'm still playing with the tune. I would like to run 11.5x's on the 18's. Its pretty funny to see the looks on the guys faces when you pull back in the staging lanes and they are scratching their heads trying to figure out how! :cool:

I wish I could fit a set of those under my ride. I did see your 18s very nice. Soon as I get the trans back and the razor kit in (still saving for that) I would hope to see some 11z. :biggrin:

dr. booster...i didn't run 11.85 on street tires. i ran 11.85 on slicks with a pte-76 p-trim just to see if i could spool it. it was a wild ride with that big turbo.

now, the .85 housing on the te-67 spools like a 44 with the 3200 pat's nlu converter. i like the 67 alot, and if i go bigger i won't be selling it.