12" without changing spindles or UCAs?

Red Regal T

One of the Monte Carlo guys was kind enough to email me this link concerning the conversion to 12" 1LE disc brakes without changing spindles or control arms. I thought you had to change both. I'm not interested in the expense of changing to 12" brakes. Maybe someone could use this info, if valid.

"This lists pt# and how to do it. About the cheapest and you don't need spindles or control arms"

http://www.ws6transam.org/1LEbrake.html

Last time I checked the adapter brackets had been discontinued.
There was someone that was going to make them, aftermarket, but I gave up waiting and just went the Hotchkiss route.

Good brakes are just cheap insurance. You just need them once for them to be cost effective.

Yep, exactly the way GM did it back in 87-88. This is also the way Baer Brakes does it. All the parts are still available EXCEPT the left side caliper mounting plate(#10132829). These parts are only used on 1LE F-bodies. If you have the time scroll back through the threads in this forum for my thread on cheap 13" brakes. In that thread someone made a bracket very simular to the 1LE part. Now PBR style calipers are used on just about every late model car that GM has and maybe by redrilling some holes another caliper mounting plate could be used. The 1LE were originally Corvette brakes adapted for use on the Camaro so maybe C4 calipers and plates could be used?

Eric Fisher