You can type here any text you want

13,500 seem fair for my TTA?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tracy

Listed my car on ebay 34K miles - near mint condition - slight mods with some original parts that come with it. I have had inquiries to buy it for around 13k.

Does that sound low to you guys? I really need to sell it , but don't want to give it away either.

Should be worth that without memorabilia. Just my .02

I'd put it back to stock as close as possible, any hi-po parts come off the car. Then sell off the hi-po parts, owners kit, wires, etc separately and recoup.

Just my .02.. see and I asked ya bout that TB ;) that would have been a little extra coin in your pocket. Make the coins turn into dollars.. move the car. The car will sell better if stock.. I dont know if taking off the MAF pipe and putting the air box back on will up its value?

People looking at it wont know bout the owners kit, if they do... then they know they have to pay for it. Make the price X without.. or Y with.

Thanks Razor. You're right - should have swapped you - oh well. it's an easy swap for the next owner.

Or do it like I did and sell the car with the mods. Then sell all the stock stuff on ebay. I think I made out better that way. I probably sold for too little considering the mods and mileage. But I've made up for it selling off the stock parts that were taken off.

Just a thought :)

Originally posted by RobR
Or do it like I did and sell the car with the mods. Then sell all the stock stuff on ebay. I think I made out better that way. I probably sold for too little considering the mods and mileage. But I've made up for it selling off the stock parts that were taken off.

Just a thought :)

Did you sell the car on ebay? - what was mileage/price if you don't mind?

If you have someone for $13k ...take the $$$ an run !!! like others have said ...sell the other spare parts after ya sell the car :cool:

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I am sure it will sell on ebay, but if it doesn't contact me ASAP.

Chris S

Value

Ok guys,
How much is a good high mileage TTA worth? Did I get bleeped when I bought it? The car's clean and runs strong. Thanks for your input!100K, if you're asking.
Dale

I would say no less than 15,000 if it was me. I have #299 with 34,500 miles paid more than that for it.It was stock with owners manuel supplement wires,t-top bags,t-top shades,and owners kit (BOX) and drove from SC to Michigan.But I got it bad for turbo cars.:)

The market for these cars has really been in the toilet. The good thing (if you are a seller) about eBay is you get that classic bidding psychology thing going and you get people that will overbid, sometimes from pure lack of knowledge or laziness.

IMHO, $13K would have been a good price to get for that car.
Not sure what the "hi-po" parts are but with any car it's difficult to recover cost on performance parts.

Originally posted by 2QUICK2B6
I would say no less than 15,000 if it was me. I have #299 with 34,500 miles paid more than that for it.It was stock with owners manuel supplement wires,t-top bags,t-top shades,and owners kit (BOX) and drove from SC to Michigan.But I got it bad for turbo cars.:)

I didn't know it had 100k miles. I would say it was worth about 8,500-10,000 acording to condition and wear.And what all original stuff went with the car,Owners kit and all that.

Back