130mph trap rpm?

325DR

Just wondering what RPM you guys trap at around 130. Please post tire height and rear gear ratio. Thanks.

BLACK6PACK said:
My brother is running about 5800 rpm @ 133 with 28" slicks.
Is that locked or unlocked? Is that with a TH400? What convertor? And does he have a 3.42? Thanks.

Trap at around 5900-6000 RPM...stock 3:42 gears...28" tires...AC "N" stall nonlock conv..200-4R trans...this is in 3rd gear...

MSDGN said:
Trap at around 5900-6000 RPM...stock 3:42 gears...28" tires...AC "N" stall nonlock conv..200-4R trans...this is in 3rd gear...
What stall did you purchase and what does it actually stall to (at both 0psi and when you launch at x psi)? Thanks a lot.

It's called an "N" stall...think it's supposed to stall around 3800...popular conv when using the 70GTQ turbo...

MSDGN said:
It's called an "N" stall...think it's supposed to stall around 3800...popular conv when using the 70GTQ turbo...
What boost/rpm do you leave at and what kind of 60' do you get? I have a similar combo to you. Thanks again.

You won't be able to tell much from my 60fts...they suck...the tires break loose a little as soon as I hit the transbrake...but I leave at anywhere between 7-10 PSI...1.55-1.58 60fts...I did manage to get a 1.51 with this combo leaving at around 10 PSI but haven't been able to do it again...track must have been prepared especially good when I did that...I'm currently working on some suspension changes to remedy the problem...I should be in the 1.4's...

Gotcha. My convertor is loose and I am driving through it (130 turning 6500rpm) but it leaves hard (consistent low 1.3's). I dont mind sacraficing some of the 60' if I will end up gaining more on the big end of the track. Just looking for the right convetor so I was thinking of goign with a l/u unit.

Back