You can type here any text you want

15x7 Drag Radial Pics and Opinions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MNwe4

Alright, I finally have a need for a set of DRs on the rear. I've read people's opinions on which brand is best, but is mounting a 275/50 too dangerous on the stock 7" t-wheel? I really don't want to crash from a blowout. Also, can people please post pics of their Nittos or MTs on stock wheels? Thanks guys.

255/60-15 mt drag radials on t wheel

Attachments

• car pics 005.jpg
    car pics 005.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 359
  • car pics 001.jpg
    car pics 001.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 357
These are 275/60's Before them i had 275/50's which rubbed the frame a little. The 60's dont rub at all.

Attachments

• IMG_0492.JPG
    IMG_0492.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 353
Thanks guys. From what I understand the 275/50s rub on some cars and not on others, so looks like I'll just have to try. I guess I was more concerned if it's safe or not.

You'd be the 10,000th person to run 275/50's on stock wheels. I ran them on my old car and they rubbed sometimes over big bumps or hard corners, the 60's rubbed less. I have 275/60's on my current car on stock wheels and they only rub if I forget what car I'm in and try and corner hard.:biggrin:

I have 255/60/15 MT Drag Radials on stock T wheels. The tires fit the stock wheelwells perfect and plenty of clearance to the frame rail. These tires are perfect for our cars. These tires hook up.

Craig

These are 275/60's Before them i had 275/50's which rubbed the frame a little. The 60's dont rub at all.

None of my business but, you should switch these wheels from side to side as the rubber is facing backwards......just looks kinda funny. :)

Tire pressure?

Alright, just got the 275/50s installed on the stock wheels. I went with the Nittos since I'll rarely be at the track and would rather have a little better mileage tire. There is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch clearance from the frame on each side. They fit great. The new question is, what tire pressure are you guys running??? Right now mine are at 32psi.

28-30
do a tiny little small burnout just enough to clean the tire and that will show you what is touching and what is not
small increments go a long way
-dan

Back