You can type here any text you want

15x8 with a 4.5bs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meaclez

would i be looking at rubbing issues with a 275 tire.. and im thinking id prolly need a spacer as well correct?...

You might end up with a rubbing issue yes. Not to mention thats a lot of backspacing for that size wheel and it might look too tucked under the car. All you can do is see if it rubs and buy spacers if you need them.

If you search there's a ton of threads on this. Some say it works, some say it won't but I think all will tell you don't run spacers in the rear.

Im also working on wheel fitments with a lowered GN. Not all cars are the same, but I can tell you that my 15x8 Pro Stars w/4.5 backspace would not fit without a spacer. That was with a 275/60-15 BFG radial tire. Same tire on 15x8 3.5 backspace & no spacer rubbed on the lip. So if you roll the lip, and go with a 4inch backspace (on my car anyway) your golden! I dont want to roll my lip so Im gonna try 255/60-15 Drag Radial on a 7inch wheel w/4inch backspacing.. Its just a touch shorter in height and a touch skinnier. Im hoping it will fit and it will hook.. Will see :)

to me 4" is the best backspace... it just that most wheel co don't have that .. I ran 4.5" with a small spacer (5/16's) ... I also have 1/2" wheel studs :cool:

Spacers

IMHO, I have run sapcer for years BUT they are custom made being that the holes are exactly the same size as the studs. IMO they will not be a problem that way.

IMHO, I have run sapcer for years BUT they are custom made being that the holes are exactly the same size as the studs. IMO they will not be a problem that way.

Yeah I think the precision machined spacers are much safer than the cheap ones that allow any "slop" to take place.

Back