You can type here any text you want

160 thermostat

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
years ago I found in Stant a number that would fit our Intakes. I can`t recall the number. Does anyone know?

Thanks

i have the stant that is listed for our cars, but it is way too big and doesn't fit. i wouldn't know where to get a 160 from anyone but a tb vender.

i have the stant that is listed for our cars, but it is way too big and doesn't fit. i wouldn't know where to get a 160 from anyone but a tb vender.

I did find one that had the right size a few years ago in Stant. It had a bridge on the stat. All you had to do was remove it. Damn...I should of kept the number.

No sweat..:wink:

I know Hypertech used to make one. The part number was 1003. Don't know if it's still available though... :rolleyes:

If you have a little time just buy a 160 for a SBC and trim it down, that is pretty much what I do. Any part store will have it in stock and takes a few minutes with a grinder to knock the edge down.

In the summer I just run the thermostat housing and the car stays really cool and in the winter I will put a 160 in it to hav some heat but I found that is not real necessary because it does not get crazy cold here and the car does get plenty warm to have heat.:cool:

If you have a little time just buy a 160 for a SBC and trim it down, that is pretty much what I do. Any part store will have it in stock and takes a few minutes with a grinder to knock the edge down.

In the summer I just run the thermostat housing and the car stays really cool and in the winter I will put a 160 in it to hav some heat but I found that is not real necessary because it does not get crazy cold here and the car does get plenty warm to have heat.:cool:

I thought of that being my last thing to do. But the one I have is still good.
So it went back into the Intake.

Thanks for the responses.............................................:smile:

well if you do decide to go that route later on just keep your old stat for a template to cut one from a SBC.:cool:

Got mine from Auto Zone for like $7.00 for my '86. They also have them on Summit's catalog. G/L :confused: Sometimes a dealer is not your best bet. Also, Got a MAF sensor from Auto Zone for $80 + exchange and so far so good....my car is stock though. I need some seat covers but they sure are proud of them suckers! :frown:

Back