You can type here any text you want

16x8 GTA wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pm87tb

HI guys what size and brand of tire are you guys running on these wheels and how do you like them and if pics are available post them up i want to see how they look thanks...:D

I'm running 4 GTA fronts .... no spacers....

Tires: BFG KDWS 245/50/16 all they way around

Some say you could run 255/50's but mine would rub a little on the frame rail in the rear.... + the 245's rub a little when you turn all the way to the stops....

Bottom pic of my web page is my wheels mounted on my car.... take a look.

My car's page

I was running the same as Blazer406, but found 2 extra "fronts" to use drag raidals on. Now on the back I'm running a 275/55/16 M&H Drag radial, they are nearly 28" tall and man do they HOOK! They held fine on a 4# launch aired up to 28psi! Should have gotten some pics of it, but had to put it back in storage since traction made the flaring tranny get worse....

Summit

Summit started carrying some Z rated tires called the RAPTOR made by Riken relentless traction both dry and wet they have them in your size 255/50ZR/16's. A very aggresive Performance Radial for 89bucks half the price of KDW's. They also have built in rim protectors to prevent wheel scuff.

4 front GTA wheels 245/50/16 kumho ecsta

100_0624.jpg

100_0650.jpg

How close to the frame is too close?

4 front GTA wheels 245/50/16 kumho ecsta

I had 245/50/16's on the car with 4 front GTA wheels. The rubber was shot. So I did some research and ended up with:

255/50R 16 Sumitomo HTRZ in the rear and

225/55R 16 up front.

The 255 out back are stock height 26" tire and the fronts 225 are .3" shorter. The shorter fronts are also not as wide, the 245's rubbed the frame on tight corners, which I didn't like.

On the rear, I'm about 3/16" or so away from the frame and with the 245/50 I could almost get my finger between the frame and the tire.

So how close can you be to the frame? I wanted to space it 3/16", however, all I could find was 5/16" spacers. Now I'm not comfortable with the bite on the lugs. I'm having a heck of a time finding wheel studs that are 5/16" longer than the originals.

So question is, am I OK with 3/16" by the frame on the rear? Or could someone help me with longer studs? can't find them.

Also read that spacers on the rear is not a good thing?

Thanks,

Rich

It wouldn't be that bad of an idea to put in the longer studs required by NHRA if you use slicks at the track. In addition to the safety, it'll give you plenty of room for spacers. And although I don't suggest running spacers, I have 7/16" spacers to center up the drag radials a little better between the frame and the wheel well. I'd say if you can fit your little finger between tire and frame (unless your rearend bushings are shot) you'd be fine.

gta wheel pics

Hey 54rich post some pics of your ride lets see how the car looks with the tires you picked...

Hey 54rich post some pics of your ride lets see how the car looks with the tires you picked...

I will as soon as I can get it off the jack stands. Going over everything since its been sitting for a long time, that and the former owner didn't really care how things were put together.

I have a long list that's been done, but still have a short list that needs to be done. Replaced the rear with a Posi chunk only to find that someone half stripped one of the ring gear bolts at one time. Of course, can't get one around here and GM discontinued them. So found some, waiting. Looking for longer studs as well.

Went to replace all the vacuum lines with the G body kit, to find out that the lines I received were cut wrong, waiting.

Pass side header is cracked, again waiting.

Trans lins are a cobbled mess, you guessed it waiting on parts.

Still have the main seal to replace, header to fix, and waiting for parts from many places:(

I hope to have it on the road by August at the latest, then I'll post an offical anouncement that the car is back:cool:

Here is the tire:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+Z

Stay tuned.

Rich

Back