You can type here any text you want

17" DR's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

grocerygetter

I'm puting some drag radials on my street wheels. I'm tired of sliding around. I want something that will hook on a 17...I know there's no sidwewall to wrinkle so I want something sticky. I can get a good connection on Nitto or BFG...do you think the MT's are still worth the extra coin in this situation?

In my opinion MT's will always hook better but they are more expensive and dont last as long. I have friends who have hooked well on the 315 nitto's, and BFG's but still not as good as the MT's. Depends on your goals.

Thanks for the input...I just didn't know if once you took the sidewall out to help wrinkle-wall for traction if it would matter. So by what you are saying it's MT's compound and for sure worth it. I don't care if they wear fast. I only drive it 2-3K miles per year, tops.

Thanks for the input...I just didn't know if once you took the sidewall out to help wrinkle-wall for traction if it would matter. So by what you are saying it's MT's compound and for sure worth it. I don't care if they wear fast. I only drive it 2-3K miles per year, tops.

I believe you have answered your own question :biggrin:

Also remember where talking the street where where traction is limited anyway and changes depeneding on what road your on. MTs will show a huge difference on the street from the street tire, trust me.

I have 275 x 17 MT DR's on my TR... I have been caught in the rain once,crossed my fingers and wished for the best... I made it home no problem in the rain..You are correct about no sidewall wrinkle..I spun through the 60 ft. traps at the track, running 15 lbs. of air..My next set for street driving will be the same tires..As far as wear, the only wear I can see, is doing a burnout at the track..The tires look and perform great on the street..I am getting some 15 inch slicks for the next track visit...Thanks,Todd

yeah...I've got some 275/50 15s mounted up for serious on kill track duty. I'd like street traction for sure. The car runs like a rocket on drag radial on the street. The street tires just slip so much...you don't realize it until you unbolt them and compare. As of now, I'm trying to find a place to get the MT DR's. Summit doesn't list them anymore. The local shops are saying MT customer service blows right now and they can't get crap. I dunno. Jeg's is out of them.

Theres a guy on these boards that pulls the wheels HARD on the street with the MT DRs and some VHT... your not going to do that with a Nitto...

But as stated already, both have their ups and downs.

If what you want is traction and dont care about anything else... MT all the way!

Not 17" but.....
I just put my 15" ET Streets on my White T. Much better traction but I was suprised that the ride is rougher now. :cool:

Yep MT Drs definitely suck in the rain. Normal driving is a B**** around corners :eek:

Not 17" but.....
I just put my 15" ET Streets on my White T. Much better traction but I was suprised that the ride is rougher now. :cool:

Ok well I guess the ride is rougher because the ET Streets are the BIAS ply kind :( They hook good though in dry conditions. I can actually feel the car shift into second now :tongue:

Grocerygetter : What did you end up getting ??

Back