You can type here any text you want

17" GN or GNX rim?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

danssoslow

Does anyone make/modify a 17" GN rim?
Been looking at a plethora of mesh rims in 17", but unless you own a BMW or want to shell out the big bucks for Kenesis rims, there isn't much out there that I've seen. Anyone know of a decently priced mesh type wheel?

I don't know of any actual GN or GNX rims that are custom made to be bigger than 15.

According to the wheel gallery at t6p.com (another Buick site), "Enkei 92" and "ARE 192" are some aftermarket rims that have the same GTA sytle cross-hatch design. And I'd assume a company like Enkei would make them in varying sizes, but I don't know that for sure.

After reading this, I did a quick Google search for the Enkei 92 wheel. Looks quite similar to the GNX/GTA wheel, but I couldn't find anything on their website. Also, I can't find anything on the ARE, let alone the 192 wheel. Anyone know their website or what ARE stands for? I'm assuming its not American Racing...right?

There were quite a few companies making 16" replica GNX rims for a while. No one is currently making any new mesh style rims that I know of. Bryan of "GBocyparts" rebuilds custom size widths on pre-existing TA rims, 16" only as far as I know. Most of the repros, including the original GNX rims were 16, with a few repors being 15". I am sure that a search will bring up considerably more info. Full Throttle Speed & Style was talking about making some a while back. HRE out of San Diego made a similiar rim in at least 16" a few yeas back, but theirs was of a modular 3 piece design bolted together, also no longer made.

Anyone lookin' for a set of 4 MINT Classic Industries GTA replica 16" (all fronts for correct offset) They will be availble around April 1st after I receive my new rims. Anyone wanting pics or is interested E-mail me stuartday@rogers.com I haven't even thought of a price ...I'm in Ont. Canada

Hers a suggestion.

3 years ago I contacted Wheel Vintiques and spoke to a guy I thought was the owner. I explained that I was interested in a 17" wheel that had to be extremely close in appearance to the Pontiac Rally 2 wheels of the late 60s and 70s for the GTO in my sig. He came up with the solution and further stated he would custom make center caps with the PMD logo on them. The price he gave was real reasonable about 265 a wheel. Since the car was not ready for wheels yet I didnt move on that offer and waited. About 1 year ago I saw them advertising (in High Performance Pontiac) the wheels I was offered but now the price was way over 400 a wheel :eek: . When I contacted them there must not have been a big demand for that size wheel, but now thanx to shows like overhaulin they are popular. Anyway I'm sure Wheel Vintiques can do that design in any size but the cost is gonna be crazy if they know the demand is there. Keep us posted if U get a line on that idea, I might be interested.

Back