You can type here any text you want

17" or 18" wheels/offsets?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eleanor68

I should finish a deal Monday to pick up my first G/N. it's an 87 with 36K all original mint car BTW. So, before I get it home before thanksgiving, I'm wanting to order the rims and tires so the minute it gets home, I do the swap. I am also planning on lowering it just a bit over the winter to maybe a max of 2 " drop. I saw some posts on gta wheels, HRE,ARE, but I am ordering new from a buddy at discount tire(managers prices) so I need the offsets that will work on the car for front and rear plus the best tire sizes I can fit under the car. I prefer the clean and tucked look. Last, what have you guys used for some great hooking street tires b/c i do not want something like the drag radials and all the rocks being picked up and tossed into the quarters. Thats where the 17 or 18" question came into play, one for the looks, two for the tire availability of sizes. I have always run the nitto nt 555 extremes on the camaro(67) and the past mustangs and cobras, but if theres something with a lot better traction capability w/o the rock throwing issues I'm open for a new tire...thanks in advance, hope I can figure this out and get the stuff ordered tomorrow...Jon

oh, i almost forgot the other important part, any preferances to which manufacturers to go with for the closest gnx look?

I'd go with 17s for more tire choices.

Offset should be neutral or slightly negative, depending on how wide the wheel is.

You aren't going to find a "great hooking" tire that doesn't throw rocks. Traction is traction. If the tire hooks, it's also going to throw up debris.

wheels

I understand the grip, but of all street tires, which has anyone found to be better than others. I know a bfg radial ta is nothing close to say the nitto nt555's, thats what Im looking for, plus how big can I go for the front and rear widths and stay clean and withing the fenders with no issues even if i lower the car an inch or two...thanks,jon

ok

ok 18x10's 4.5 b/s is that for the up fronts or all the way around? and then what about the rears.. the way that car looks is about what im after, probably in a 17" wheel though, but it's helpful, were getting close now. Waiting for final info so i can order the rims tomorrow.

wow

that car looks baaad... nice setup, i saw from the link that the rims are ccw's.. also you dont have any rubbing issues? I was thinking for my taste and ride quality to go with the 17's, i assume i can still go with the 9.5 front and 10 in rear.. would you have changed anything on the rear offset for a bigger polished lip look for that wheel? Also, would 285's fit in the rear or with the 4.75 bs hit the frame? Very nice look though, scares me from the pics, hate to be the poor soul sitting next to it at a light somewhere, worse yet at the line!!!

wheels

well for as far as I can tell and from what choices are available, looks like Im going with the work wheels brand. I cant seem to find anything else very close to mthe gta's, and I wanted 17", so thats pretty n=much all I could find within reason for the time and money.. work wheels vx- xx style

17x8 front, 4" BS, 245/45R17 Bridgestone S-03 Pole Position

18x9.5 rear, 5" BS, 275/40R18 Bridgestone S-03 Pole Postion

No rubs, no mods, 1.90 60fts :cool:

nice

i do have another option im thinking of, so i'll throw it out and see what you all think might come of it. since i love the black center/polished rim look, i have a set of edelbrock 17" 409's sitting here from a 67 camaro that would work, but will fit the g/n. so im thinking about powder coating the center section and spokes, leaving the outer rim polished, and using black anodized lug nuts. Might be hard to envision unless you are looking at the wheels, but it might look cool, certainly different than most others...

Back