You can type here any text you want

17x8 ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87lightweight

i have 17x8 torq thrust 2's on my gn, i want drag radials for it,
what size and brand do you guys suggest?
thanks!

I just put Hoosier 28" drag radials with 17" rims. I chose the taller tire to kill some wheelspin from a dead stop. Car has a slight rake.

When I had 17 X 8s I ran 275/40/17 Nitto 555R's (drag radials) on the rear. They last fairly well, decent in the rain, and hooked up OK for 17s.

I would go with Mickey Thompson or BFG. Nittos never worked for me well.

I have the Nitto DR's and haven't been overly impressed. From what I have read they need to be really heated up to get good traction and with my current brake setup that is impossible so I haven't gotten any better traction than I have with true street radials. I'll know more once I get my line lock installed. :cool:

I would go with Mickey Thompson or BFG. Nittos never worked for me well.

I have the M/T drag radials on my 15" wheels, awsome tires.
I have gotten fairly good milage out of the Nitto's, the M/Ts will most likely hook better but without the longivity of the Nittos IMO. I have had one pair of BFGs DRs on the car, did not have any luck at all from those.
Your tire choice should come from what type of driving you plan on doing. If you race more than cruise, go with the M/Ts, if not I'm all for the Nitto's.

Back