You can type here any text you want

18" wheels...How 'Rough' is the ride?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sal 87WE2

--NONE--
I see a lot of guys stepping up to 18s and they all look GREAT! I am considering going in this direction and i have a question. How rough is the ride when going up to 18s? Stock style suspension of course...

hello people: Just got my LT back. Lets see how long it lasts.
I went to 16's and there is a harder ride but that's with not stock suspension components. I think you gonna find that if a person went to 18's there suspension is not stock. IMO upgrade your components first then go with the rims. I know that's no help but I had to play with my fixed LT.
IBBY

LT? What do you mean?

"Stock style" meaning no lowering springs or stiff style shocks like eibachs and such. Not 25 year old springs and shocks ;)

I've rode in a few G Bodys with 18's and 20's

18 to me aren't bad....but none of these guys have a stock suspension either

hello people: My Lap Top was in for warranty work and now it's back.
245-50-16's gave me a harsher ride with bilsteins, GSCA front springs,Kirban rears, big rear SB, stiffeners and a couple of other things. Mass. roads are not the best so maybe that's part of it and now after this winter we just had the roads are going to suck more than ever.
Personally I might go with a 17 and not the GNX looking rim for a change.
What size tire would you need with a 18" rim to keep the speedo correct?
IBBY

You will hardly notice any difference with 18's unless you put some really tiny tires on them.

They work for me,18x10's in the back 18x9's in the front,ROH Drift Wheels for GN,rough rides will come after polyurathane bushings,i prefur mine rough, i can feel paint lines in the road with my aftermarket suspenion...8^)..but i can also out handle anything on the road

Back