You can type here any text you want

18" wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNXwannabe

Anyone running 18" wheels? How wide can I go front and rear with GNX flares and 1" drop (Eibach springs)? Thanks for any help. I would rather go with 17" but I am having trouble finding them in a staggered fitment and tires are harder to locate also.

wheels

check my wheels they are ccw 18x10 rear 18x9.5 front 4.75 backspace plenty of room

NICE ride! I like the way the car sits. Any drop, springs, etc? What size tires are you using? Where did you locate the wheels? I am thinking about using RUFF RACING (8.5x18 front and 9.5x18 rear) wheels. The wheel shop is checking fitment for me.

wheels

you can go 18x10 all around with 4.75 backspace I went with 18's more selection of tires I went with a shorter tire up front tires 275/4018 rear 26.5 tall front 245/35/18 24.8 tall have coil over QA1 sytem with BMR upper and lower control arms.
wheels are Complete Custom Wheel

I noticed you are running RPM 505's. I have been thinking about using a similar set up. Are you using any spacers? Where did you get the wheels? Do you think the car would take a 1" drop with no rubs? NICE LOOK with those wheels!

I noticed you are running RPM 505's. I have been thinking about using a similar set up. Are you using any spacers? Where did you get the wheels? Do you think the car would take a 1" drop with no rubs? NICE LOOK with those wheels!

Yep I am running spacers with them, well, technically, "adapters", not just spacers. I think it's something ridiculous like a 2" adapter in the rear and 1.5" adapters in front haha. The difference being that an adapter bolts down to the wheel studs on the car, and then has it's own set of studs where you bolt the wheel.
8lug_adapter.jpg

You get the idea...since the spacer is so thick, you can't cram that thick of a spacer AND the wheel onto the existing wheel studs.

I got the rims off of eBay from seller "rimdealer" I believe, he also runs a site bestwheel.com .

On sharp turns I already get fender rub in the front and my car isn't dropped. It's the original suspension though so maybe the car sits low. But I'm pretty certain with a 1" drop you'd see some rub.

I might be looking to sell mine soon actually. :p

Thanks for the info. Its looking like maybe Boyd Coddington Junkyard Dogs or possibly even American Racing 427 Cobra wheels "God Forbid" from the custom shop. I just want to make sure I get the backspacing correct.:confused:

xcessiv and Turbo6Chicago get tons of compliments on their respective wheels and suspension setups (and in good reason) that you two should put your info in the cig -- tire size, bs, wheel make --

Nice looking cars, folks!!! Keep 'em clean and keep 'em driven!!!!

Turbo Chicago

Nice Wheels , I Think I Saw Your Car In Readers Rides In Gm Hightech A Few Months Back!

Back