You can type here any text you want

18x10

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TwinyTwin

Any one running a 18x10 out back? I think i am gonna run the Foose Nitrous wheels on my car but the widest they make in the 18 are 8.0, 8.5, and a 10.0 and I would like some meat in the rear. My question is did you have to notch the rear? What size tires are you running? what back spacing am I gonna need? Any more info would be great before I bite the bullet on this purchase. Thanks guys!

meaty tires

20" might be tooo big for the rear besides you won't have enough rubber to cushion from pesky potholes and you will run into a lot of head aches (frequent flat tires and bent rims). If you want real meaty tires without using wheel spacers try this formula; notch the frame, 17X10 rims, 5" backspacing, and no more than 315-35-17 tires. Here's my e-mail (pogi1234@comcast.net) and I'll send you some samples of this set up on a Stage II GNX replica.

typo

Royal-T-Ltd said:
Just a ? .... 2Swoosh.... didnt he say 18! and not 20....
my error Royal T, I think 18" will only fit well if it is 8" wide and will only look good on sideview, it will not achieve a robust/meaty look from the back if you are behind the car. The 17" with 315-35 tire is 12.4"wide and 26.4" tall. Check this site out newstalgiawheel.com they customize wheels for a very reasonable price. (6-8 weeks wait though), they can also install tires, sell you a set of cool lug nuts, and ship it to you ready to mount.

10" wide is right on the line where some guys have to notch to get it to fit, and some don't. I probably wouldn't risk it unless you are fully prepared to notch, or run spacers and have them sticking out from the wheel wells.

Unless of course you can order them in a variety of backspacings. If you could get 4.75 or 4.5 backspacing it would still fit.

I have a question that might help also, if you have aluminum drums where does that put you on the backspacing because they are 1/4 inch thicker than the steel drums, does that help or hender 10" wide wheels TIA

larry33kc said:
I have a question that might help also, if you have aluminum drums where does that put you on the backspacing because they are 1/4 inch thicker than the steel drums, does that help or hender 10" wide wheels TIA

I'd think it would almost help because it would be keeping the wheels a 1/4 inch further away from the frame.

go to the SW forum. One of the guys at the bates nut farm show was running 18" x 10" No rubbing, no notching. Big tires too!! Looked nice. I posted a pic there

Yes, some people get them to fit. some don't. As I said, feel free to risk it as long as you ARE willing to notch if you have to, otherwise you'll be stuck with the wheels.

When I spoke with the guy with the 18 x10's he said that they did rub slightly until he added the rear sway bar from HRPartsnstuff (also has cut the wheel well trin and fender to ensure no rubbing). Personally, I run 295/50/15's on the T and it only slightly rubs once in a great while Still have untouched wheel well trim and it's not rolled. No big deal...

Come to think of it, there were some wheel and tire combo pic on this site a while ago. I remember seeing a guiy running Nitto tires that were 335mm in the rear... Can't recall the rim size. Might want to search for the pix...

Back