1970 Chevy Pickup C/10 Stepside

Update.......

The truck is in South Carolina right now with my dad for some cosmetic upgrades. Getting a paint job and body work, new bed cover, and dual exhaust.

Can't tell from the pictures, but the roof and driver side had bad sun fade. And the passenger side behind the door and roof were hit by a tree during Sandy. I can get the whole truck done along with some other minor dings fixed down south for cheaper than it would be to fix the one tree dent up in NJ. The outer seam on the bed cover was torn and its not the cleanest so thats a no brainer. It only had a real small single exhaust left over from the inline 6 and now has a dual 2.5" exhaust. Again, its pretty cheap down there and my dad knows all the local places to do it.

My dad drove it down last week from NJ, no problems whatsoever. Should be done by Memorial day. And not that it looked bad before, but it will look great now and will be seeing lots of cruises and car shows this year.

Finally, here's a pic of the center console I put in recently. At last, a place to rest my arm! Nice cupholders too.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1430662586.766886.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That top pic looks familar ;0)

Love that truck def my favorite car there. Glad I got to see it in person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truck is running great. Switched over to FAST and finally got to really dial in the tune. I just thought this was the way to go versus a Powerlogger setup with the extra tunability, especially with alky. Haven't raced it yet, been too hot.

It's funny how I talk to you yesterday for the first time in a long time, and a few hours later on our way to Resorts in Atlantic City we seen this on the GSP South lol. At first we thought it was a rusted out piece of junk, but it turns out that he painted it to be a sleeper similar to the dung beetle in Street Outlaws. Nice truck either way, but no match for the turbo Cruze lol. When are the next mods for your truck coming Murph...?

Just a little update... lowered the truck a little more to fill up the fenders better. Drop blocks on the back and drop spindles up front.

Also have a different turbo on it now and a PTC 9.5" nl converter.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just a little update on the truck...

Got an MFS 6262 turbo with a Garrett housing from Bison. Spools much better than the bigger turbo I had on, great for a stock setup. Looks pretty too!

IMG_7168.JPG
IMG_7170.JPG
IMG_7171.JPG
IMG_7173.JPG

Also, as I mentioned to some people at the Kirban Open House last week, was getting tired of wiping oil off my valve cover from the driver side breather.

Thought of a couple different options then saw that Metco makes a -10AN adapter for stock valve covers so decided to go with a catch can setup. Found a premade -10AN line cheap and got a cheap Moroso can. All told, was a little over $100 and plug and play. No more oil drips.

I have a couple pics of the before and new setup.

IMG_7329.JPG
IMG_7331.JPG
IMG_7332.JPG
IMG_7335.JPG
IMG_7340.JPG

Went back to a stock style breather on the passenger side too. No more oil drips there either.

IMG_7341.JPG

All that bling, yet you're running that oil filter lol...? ;)

NYCE1's Ratchet Friday May 19th Murph, bring the truck down to show and race...

I had a bling one. Worked like crap so put a stock one back one. Superior drip free design. And you can't really even see it as its behind the turbo.

I know, was just teasing ya. Thought maybe someone purposely got it completely dirty to hide that Fram insignia on the outside of it lol. The 19th approaches, eleven more days. If your plans fall through for that weekend definitely try to make it over for some runs, gonna be a pretty big event...

I thought you were talking about the passenger side oil breather. Oil filter got a little overspray lol....