1971 Skylark....maybe!

justin84

done
I am picking this thing up this weekend in a trade. I am highly interested in putting one of the motors I acquired in it. It is a 1971 with 46,000 miles and looks great! It has the Buick 350 with a 350 trans in it. It is pretty tame but looks killer. Opinions would be great. :biggrin::biggrin::eek:

Attachments

• alpha.jpg
    alpha.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 285
  • alpha1.jpg
    alpha1.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 293
  • alpha2.jpg
    alpha2.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 281
  • 9745geh_27.jpeg
    9745geh_27.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 284
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Hey, it's all Buick. It's a classic in a classic = mucho class lol. It's a kool idea and very unexpected. Imagine people's reaction when you pop that hood open at the carshow. I would do it myself. You got the inspiration, you got the car, you got the time. I say go for it. It's your car and stuff anyway. You can alway undo it. My only issue would be the weight of the old barge. Definitely not your eveyday 455 swap! Post pics of the process please.

My bad idea

I went with my bad idea regardless of the negative poll against it. I just wanted something different. While all other had fake scoops, ram air hoods and cowl induction hoods, I did my own shaker scoop hood for a truck I had. I think that is what got it sold lol. Here's a pic for y'all to laugh at...

Mobile Photobucket

I had a '71 Stage 1 back in the 80's. Daily driver ran 12's thru the muffs on street tires and pump gas. Nothing fancy,stock heads,Edelbrock/Holley,MT headers(love that sound!)trans and 3:42's. If I was still making the cast iron big block frame brackets I'd give you a set. DO IT!! :D

It would be an interesting swap, albeit I think there's gonna be a gap between the front of the engine and the radiator unless you fab up a FMIC in there.

Of course for some reason a mid sized car like that always screams for a 455. :cool:

G/L in whichever road you end up taking. Would love to one day own a Skylark myself, especially a 1970 GS455. :cool::cool: