You can type here any text you want

1980 Turbo Regal T-Tops

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GangsterMD

Turbo'd since '95
I ran across an older guy on the weekend at a drag strip that is a friend of a friend. He said he has a 1980 Turbo Regal with T Tops. Years he said his wife was driving it and it chewed up a crank seal, clogged the oil pick up and blew up the motor. He fixed the bottom end and put new rings in it, fired it up and must've pumped a bunch of crap into the turbo, and it started belching smoke out the exhaust. Seals? So he parked it and it's been there ever since. He said if you need any parts you know where there is one now. I said how much do you want for it, he said "It's no prize, just come and get it". So I asked him more about it, he said well the mice will be in it for sure, and there is some rust and bondo in the rear quarters from when it was hit. (Wife probably again) He's about 90 mins from me. If I ever get my 87 running well again :mad: I might need another project :eek: Advise or opinions?
Thanks

I ran across an older guy on the weekend at a drag strip that is a friend of a friend. He said he has a 1980 Turbo Regal with T Tops. Years he said his wife was driving it and it chewed up a crank seal, clogged the oil pick up and blew up the motor. He fixed the bottom end and put new rings in it, fired it up and must've pumped a bunch of crap into the turbo, and it started belching smoke out the exhaust. Seals? So he parked it and it's been there ever since. He said if you need any parts you know where there is one now. I said how much do you want for it, he said "It's no prize, just come and get it". So I asked him more about it, he said well the mice will be in it for sure, and there is some rust and bondo in the rear quarters from when it was hit. (Wife probably again) He's about 90 mins from me. If I ever get my 87 running well again :mad: I might need another project :eek: Advise or opinions?
Thanks

Go get it and see what kind of shape it's in. If you decide to part it out I could use some part off of it for my PITA. Click on the sticky at the top to get a better idea of the 80 model. It's the bastard child of all of them. Rich's site is a great sorce of info to fall back on. You lucky B@stard.:biggrin:

I really need parts for a 8o sport coupe front end . Thebumper fillers and front bumper thanks mike

Back