You can type here any text you want

1982 regal sport coupe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

george glenn

sport coupe
Hi I have a 1982 buick regal sport coupe with turbo and carb. I got it about 3 weeks ago it runs but will not stay running. I don't think the turbo works on it, i can't find parts for the car and i just don't know where to start. I don't know much about this year, but whould like to make this car the way it was. Can anyone help me:confused::confused

Welcome George. You're in the wrong section though. Those of us that have the pre-SFI cars go to the before black section. I'm one of them btw. Parts cars are rare but parts can be found if you look around. Come join us there and welcome aboard.

Hi,
More info will be needed, but I can tell you a little bit about carbed turbos. For starters,the E4ME carb the cars use is calibrated for a v6 turbo, but operationally is not too different from the setup on a vin A buick E2ME of the same era. You say you can't keep it running;this could be due to the ISC(Idle Speed Control) failure. These DC stepper motors had a serious failure problem when the cars were new and had 30K miles on them, so watch out for that. Please elaborate about symptoms,and I will try to give you some more pointers.

need help

Hi thanks for the info, the car now has about 39,000 on it, when i try to crank it , the car spits and choke like the carb is bad, but it will run for about a couple of seconds. When i first got the car i was able to drive it around the block but it still did spit and choke, also how do i know if the turbo is working or not? This is my first turbo car, i will get pics on here soon, if you need to know more let me know.

The way it sounds is that you have a choke issue. See if it's closing first then have someone start the car while you watch. The choke should open slightly at first then open further when the engine gets warmer. The carb/tubo set up doesn't like the cold so you may also have a problem if the EFE plate is still on the car. It may have burned out and caused a blockage in the intake system. Seen that before myself.

Back