You can type here any text you want

1983 T-type questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I just bought a 1983 T-type for parts. I also have a 1987 GN. The guy that I got it from put a 350 throttle body in it but it has the original tranny and posi rear. My questions are:
Is it possible that this car has the 8.5 rear stock? How can I tell which rear it has?
Is the 2004r the same beefy one as the 86-87 versions?
Are all suspension parts compatible. The guy that had it detailed the whole undercarriage and installed new sway bar ball joints bushings tierods etc. front and rear. Is it all the same as my 1987 (sway bar size etc.)
I know the hoods are the same but are there any build dates or manufacture stampings that would differentiate year?
Are the rear control arms same as 1987 gn?
Are the gas tank and fuel pump the same ? Both are new on this car.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Nick

All body and chassis parts are the same except for the nose. The gas tank may be different since he changed it and it's a throttle body V8 now. The trany is most likely rebuilt but should have the same goodies if it wasn't changed to a different model. The rear should be a 7.5" not an 8.5. The cover of the 8.5 is almost perfectly round and the 7.5 isn't. Stock rear sway bar is smaller, at least on mine it is. Front should be the same.

Thank you so much. Its a new original tank and pump he replaced with stock replacements because the original tank had a hole in it. Are the stock tank and pump setups the same in 83 as 87? He never got the motor running in the car because he couldn't figure out the wiring?

Back