1984 seats

My 84 is 523XXX and was built around mid-feb of 84...shipped from the factory on 2/17/84 (I have the invoice). It had belt guides, but I ditched 'em when I had the seats redone.

So we are still in the month of February, so they were building roughly 9k units each week from that one plant. Thanks for the info........RatPack........

They started with the first of production in Aug/September as GN #430063 has them and it was one of the first 5 built. I have no clue as to how many were built before February as I don't know how many GN's were built per month. Now the only reason I can see them removing them was because they didn't really work all that well. Most of the time the belts just slipped off to the side or got caught in the adjustment knob on the side of the backrest......RatPack.............

Rat Pack, What kind of ball park price has these covers landed on. I'm thinking of completing and 84 conversion project and would like an idea. To me it's not worth the $1800 someone else posted I would do a set of Jax's leathers first.

thats what everybody tells me around my place. and then i would have to change the whole interior as i just did everything new except the seats.

it wouldnt matter as my car was built in 5/2/1984

thats what everybody tells me around my place. and then i would have to change the whole interior as i just did everything new except the seats.

it wouldnt matter as my car was built in 5/2/1984

Not if you did them in black to match the dash.

i replaced everything with factory colors. even the light sand grey carpet.

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

the carpet is alot lighter in person...

Rat Pack, What kind of ball park price has these covers landed on. I'm thinking of completing and 84 conversion project and would like an idea. To me it's not worth the $1800 someone else posted I would do a set of Jax's leathers first.

As soon as I hear from PUI about pricing I will post it here first. Right now I don't have a clue as to what these covers are going to cost. They said there would be pricing and availability by the end of the February, and I don't see them being as high as a custom shop would charge. They have seen the posts in this thread, and are grateful as to how receptive everyone has been for them to start doing these covers. There was a lot of R&D put into them, as I said it has taken a year to get them done....................

I don't think Jax is doing the 84's anymore, at least that is what they told a customer of mine this past summer, and mybuick also stated the same thing. Fgordon had his done at a local upholstery shop and I think he got a good deal for someone doing a completely custom job. I say custom because that is what has to be done when working without ready-made seat covers and door panels.............RatPack.................

Guys I will check on this for you tomorrow. I spoke with them two weeks ago and they were still costing these seat covers out. As for the buying just the rear seat back portion, I would probably say no, as they only sell either the front buckets as a pair, the rear seat as a whole, or the complete set front and rear.....................RatPack........................

Okay I got a reply back from PUI today and here is what I was told: "I'm hopeful that these will be released in the next newsletter. Once they are, everyone will be able to order them. And we certainly will sell just the rear seat covers, we sell everything like that. I will forward this on to ***** to see if he has the pricing for these yet, as you know they are terribly difficult to manufacture." I am sorry this is taking this long, but honestly I don't think anyone expected these to be such a hit. I will update whenever I find out anything new. Thank you guys.............RatPack.......................

I know this is a big "no duh!" :rolleyes: ,... but I really really hope they will be priced as low as possible to make the effort and time they went through to make these available, worth their while. With no more of the actual seats that are still left out there,... if these aren't priced at least comparable to the jax gn seat covers, I'll be very surprised if they sell more than 5 sets if their priced into the stratosphere. Unless maybe a big number of these seats where put into another car back then that I don't know about.
I would like to thank rat pack and everyone else involved for making this happen! I've been putting off buying more goodies for my car till I see a price, I'm very very anxious.:)

I have narrowed it down even further to vin #559XXX as not having the guides. Not sure of the build date on it as there were no pictures of the trim tag or door decal, the only two places the build date is shown........RatPack...............

I don't have guides, and my car has a header ornament. Drivers seat is just starting to tear in the usual place. It's raining like a )((&)&)*$%er
out there right now but I will look for the trim code as soon as I can.

I am sure that pricing will be in line with the ones that used to be offered by other suppliers, but hopefully it will be cheaper. As I was told when they first started this project, there is a lot of time in making these covers, and your upholstery guy will have a lot of time in recovering them, about double for the front seats, the rear is not a big deal to do and doesn't take anymore time to do than any other G-body rear seat.

As for the shoulder belt guides, toby it would be great if you could get me the last six of the vin and the trim tag data whenever the weather gets better. I still haven't narrowed it down but I do know that it occured somewhere around the first week of February as we know vin #514xxx has them, but I just found vin #509548 built the same week doesn't have them. Cars were not built by their vins so it is possible one with a later vin was built before one with an earlier vin. The trim tag information is going to determine which car was built when and we may not narrow it down to the exact vin this change happened to, but at least we can get it down to the week..........RatPack......................

Sorry, I got distracted and forgot....I am now in my shop in Md. and the car is at home in RI. I will try and get the wife to get me the info, or I will post it this saturday when I get home...again, sorry for the delay.

Yes that is the information I need. This tag shown is from a late build car built the first week of June (first line 06A) and the rest of the top line contains the body style and the body number. We can correlate the build date and body numbers and vins to see when this change occured..............RatPack......................