You can type here any text you want

1984 WH1 w/ T-tops

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wordy1

I ran across an authentic 1984 WH1 car near my home today and I am just guaging interest and wondering if I should buy this car and part it out, or purchase it for someone here to buy. I just hate to see it sitting in front of the guys house. And really don't want to buy it unless someone can use it for parts as it really wouldn't be worth it for me.

According to the owner all it would need to get running again is a wiring harness. I looked at the car and it looks pretty bad. The floors have some rot, and there is some damage to the drivers side rear quarter, but nothing thats not fixable. It is a complete car and everything that came on the car would come with it. It does have the stock 8.5" rear and a good TH-200-4r. He said the motor was running fine before the wiring harness shorted. He claims that the ECM is still good too. From what I saw under the hood it looked all stock and in very good shape.

As stated in the heading it is a T-top car and the roof is in very nice shape. As is the hood, front fenders, doors, and trunk (the spolier is in very nice shape too). OVerall there is very little rust on the car. The bumper fillers would need to be replaced all around, but besides the pass. side quarter panel, there was no sheet metal that would need to be replaced. The frame looked very solid as well even behind the rear wheels. He still has all the original interior parts, although most of it is apart. The rims are the originals and in ok condition. The car has the rare digital dash with the digtal turbo guage.

How much would a car like this be worth? I don't think its impossible to restore, but it would need A LOT of work to get nice again. But I know it would be a GREAT parts car as a lot of parts are in very good usable condition especially for someone with a 84-85 WH1 Hot air car.

I am purchasing a 1986 WH1 soon and thought that is would be a good car to keep for parts for me, but since its not the intercooled version I can't use as much as someone with a 84-85. I am thinking of getting the car just to pull parts for people, but thought I would offer it as a complete car before parting it. I cannot get pictures, but I can guarantee that it is for sure an authentic WH1 car.

I'm not sure how much he wants for it yet, but seems to just want it out of there, so I am sure that I can get it fairly cheaply. He has a clear title, so it could be licensed to drive. From what I've read the rear ends go for $750 or so, but how much is a hot air turbo motor worth? If I can get the car for what the rear end and engine are worth I will probably buy it and either sell it outright or part the car out to you guys... Let me know!

If you could get it for less than 3K (and you should be able to based on your description) You could make money parting it out or getting it running to resale...

It's all in how your time (labor) is valued to you...;)

I have so many projects and so little time. So it would probably wind up sitting here for awhile. If people here are interested in either the car or the parts, I will consider buying it, but I can't take a risk making him an offer without knowing that I can sell things from it... Not sure how long it will be there, but I hate to see it go to someone who knows nothing about these cars. I personally don't think its worth the effort restoring, but given that its so rare, I thought I would see if someone here wanted it..

TTT, I am not going to deal with this guy as I know he is only selling the car to keep his "business" running. His number car is 217-215-4382. I just don't want to give him any money as I know where it is going to go. He will accept $1300 for the car. Hopefully someone here will wind up with it..

Back