You can type here any text you want

1985 GN, california $3000. clean title

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kaj

Here is the progress thread:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/344108-okay-ive-been-had-ebay-lesson-learned.html

Car has clean title
Original 15" vector wheels with new 215 BFGoodrich N/A radials
New hood liner. Looks OEM but I doubt it.
Car runs but has mis-matched injectors and and and ECU with the wrong tune. OEM injectors are on the way, so ill post the results after.
Interior is complete. Lower panel on ds door is loose.
Ps door does not roll down. Assuming a bad motor.

I think all other details are in the ad above.

I'm not gonna hide anything. I've been slammed and would never do the same to another person. Any questions, please ask!

My body guy no longer does work, so I have no way to repair rust damage. Sadly, she must go.

I have no clue what to ask for the car, so starting at $3000 for a beautiful $15,000 car that nust needs paint. Inside joke.

Sounds like a good deal!!

That car is worth that!! I'm sorry that you got taken by that jerk,that car does have potential for someone who wants a hot air car and is handy with a welder and bodywork....in the future, check with the fellow members on this websight, most will steer you in the correct direction... Best of luck!!!

That car is worth that!! I'm sorry that you got taken by that jerk,that car does have potential for someone who wants a hot air car and is handy with a welder and bodywork....in the future, check with the fellow members on this websight, most will steer you in the correct direction... Best of luck!!!

Thank ya kindly. As much as I hate to loose $5000 on the deal, I personally can't do the body work. I also can't afford to have it done. If anyone in my area would like to teach me to do it, id love to. anyone? LOL
I love this car already. I just can't repair the rust damage.

Maybe I should try ebay. LOL

Damn kaj you got killed on that deal, but after what I witnessed that was sold at BJ I think you need to raise your price a wee bit ;-) or take the potential buyer out to a bar and get him hammered, then work out a deal!

Damn kaj you got killed on that deal, but after what I witnessed that was sold at BJ I think you need to raise your price a wee bit ;-) or take the potential buyer out to a bar and get him hammered, then work out a deal!

What would you suggest? I have no clue what to ask and I'm not looking to rob anyone. Besides, no way to edit my post for a new price. LOL

I would suggest getting the car to run well. Seems to me you can do it. Drive the car and work on it as you go. I took a course on body work and its very easy with some practice, trust me and dont be discouraged.

Contact a school that teaches body work and see if you can get your car in as a project. I have personally worked on a 57 Chevy back in 2002 while taking the course and we did an amazing job on this rust bucket.

I agree. With the type of rust that shows up there, spending $20 on some 3M grinding wheels on walmart, and some rust treatment products will go a long way, then choose some fiberglass or reinforced filler... it isnt like you will be making it worse off than it is now.

Its not something you can make a bigger mess of than there is, and like you said, you already took the hit $$$-wise

Its not something you can make a bigger mess of than there is, and like you said, you already took the hit $$$-wise

LOL. my girlfriend said the exact same thing. sad, but true.

i just took back the welder and grinder, as i figured i'd need the money to buy something else. my plan was to grind away all the rust, then weld in some metal, grind it down, and make it as straight as i can.

i didn't even think about the common route, such as fiberglass, etc. hm..

well. i DO have the car. may as well look into it. i also have this pretty awesome catalog that has a grip of fillers. they have led, other metals, fiberglass, etc. maybe i should look into it. hell, man. i may even have fun and learn something new! why not, right?

stock injectors came in the mail. gonna toss those on tomorrow and cross my fingers. the only 'stock' chip i have is an Ultrachip labeled "84/85 stock". i just have to fork out the $50 for the switch, as i have the chip only.

i'm thinking THEN the car SHOULD run. i do have a scanmaster i need to hook up too. i've been lagging 'cause i don't wanna get into how to read the thing. LOL. 'been kinda busy with extra overtime at work, etc.,

i'll start working on it and see what happens. maybe i'll get a decent offer.. maybe i'll fix it and keep 'er. i REALLY don't want to let it go. i've wanted one of these cars for 2/3 of my life and now i finally have one. haha

thanks for the encouragement and advice, guys.

Back