1986-1987 Turbo Regal BRAND NEW Alternators

Dennis Kirban

We are having custom built brand new pre-tested 2 year warranty 120 amp alternators for the 1986-1987 Turbo Regal. They are on sale until March 18th for $154.95. Normal retail price after that will be $169.95. Housing are new and have no stamping codes on them.

We also are having custom built 200 amp correct looking 1986-1987 alternators again pre-tested 2 year warranty they run $249.95. Housings are new and have no stamping codes on them.

Or, if you have an original 1986-1987 Turbo Regal stamped date coded alternator we can have it rebuilt and returned in 5 days for $139.95. Its amazing how nice my source makes them look when he is done.

My source has also about 30 original 1987 housings if you know your built date chances are we have a housing that will match up so you have a correct date coded alternator for your 1987 only. They run $189.95.

The stamping I am referring to is found near the top mounting bolt on the front the top line is the part number which for most 1987s will read 1101 349 followed by 120A. Second line 4 digits first digit is the month, next 2 digits is the day of the month last digit is the year. Gets tricky because for months of Oct-Nov-Dec can't work for a single digit format so it would be O for Oct N for Nov and D for Dec. (Now you can determine if your alternator is correct). Check built date code on your drivers door sticker if visible. Alternator code may read month earlier.

This is something many GNX owners would want...as would owners that are seeking to keep their turbo regal original. This is one of the few areas codes are visible. My books show that during 1986 and 1987 only Buick Turbo cars had a 120 amp alternator making it not a very common amperage.

Granted you can buy rebuilts but these have all new internals correct black pulley correct painted black startor section which is that ribbed area between the front and rear housing. In other words as close o factory original as you can hope to find nowadays.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

These are not yet on our website. You have to call kirban performance to place your order. 215-766-1611.

Any time new is available over rebuilt....new is perferred in my opinion. Will cost more but more attention to detail is done than mass producing rebuilt units.

Will you have any chrome 200 amp ones available?

Sorry we have no plans to offer chrome...chrome can be a iffy thing on doing a housing with so many shapes in the housing....

To do chroming reasonable you need to do a huge number of them. Also that type of housing is not a great surface to work with...we know since we get over 50 items chromed for mustang generally we start with a copper part which works best.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

here is another thing we discovered Richard has tested several alternators claiming to put out 200 amps and have fallen short.

My source got the parts which were supposed to be rated at 200 amp when he built it and tested it it came in at 160.....so, he complained and got other parts and it maxed out his equipment at 195 amps....

Currently I am having this unit tested by Richard Clark so in fact it will be as advertised. at 200 amp....its just like the issues with oil as companies now claim we got zinc etc....but very vague on actual ppm...of actual zddp in the oil.