You can type here any text you want

1986 Buick Century 3.8L

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

terik.m

I thought GNs are black
Here's a few pics of the 87 Century Custom 3.8L VIN 3 150 HP ( I think its a roller cam but correct me if Im wrong). Its pretty clean with the exception of the accidental cold air intake in the header panel :p It will need a new headliner, a brake job, motor mount,the transmission replaced or rebuilt, and finally smog. The odometer reads about 116,000 and it was ALWAYS serviced by GM Goodwrench. I bought the car from an aunt of mine. She and my uncle bought the car new back in '87 so my girl and I are the 2nd owners. Once her husband died the car sat in her garage from 1999 till a few months ago. I had it towed to my pad and did a little spring cleaning. I drained the tank, installed a new fuel pump, fuel pump hanger assembly, fuel filter, fpr, AC Delco plugs, changed the oil, oil filter, coolant, tranny fluid (to no avail), used tires lol, air filter, windshield washer fluid, wiper blades,new muffer and pipe from cat back, and an air freshner . I was really suprised at how well the engine runs. The car is driveable but the transmission hangs up in 1st gear then shifts relunctantly into 2nd gear. It will hang up in 2nd gear and then flare into 3rd. The 3rd to OD is fine. Once the car is up to speed it drives ok. $900 Located in the SCV, SFV, AV area (Northern LA County).

DSCN0418.jpg

DSCN0424.jpg

DSCN0422.jpg

DSCN0423-1.jpg

DSCN0421.jpg

DSCN0428.jpg

DSCN0431-1.jpg

DSCN0430.jpg

DSCN0429.jpg

Check the vacuum modulator line to the transmission. It's probably dry rotted so it's not getting vacuum which will make it hesitate to shift/shift hard, late.

Back