You can type here any text you want

1986 GN all original, 118K kms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wu6fiend

I've decided to put the GN up for sale. Its an all original 1986 hardtop, with about 118,000 kms. New tires, clean stock interior with cd changer in the trunk (plays through an FM modulator via the original stereo). New carpet, aftermarket door pull screw covers and horn ring. The seats are in great shape. AC needs to be recharged. Runs fine, and passed emissions testing with flying colors. The paint is original, and is ok. Has the digital climate control. All emblems and GN parts are present and accounted for. New Flowmaster exhaust system. Car has power door locks, windows, and trunk release, but no passenger side mirror control, or twilight sensor, and seats are manual. Also has aftermarket temp and oil pressure gauges to install on console, and a new GM shift handle. Was just tuned up, and has new plugs, wires, and coil. Brakes checked, and are fine, with fresh fluid. All weatherstripping was just replaced. This is a well cared for car, and attracts a lot of attention whenever I take it out, and is a blast to drive.

$16,000 Cdn or best offer.

Pictures available on request.

Reply to psdavies@shaw.ca

Located in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

Hmm, two weeks posted on a variety of boards, and on the autotrader site, and not one call. And no responses to this thread, either. Hope I don't have to hold onto this car for a long time, because after it is gone, my wife said we can discuss getting a C6 Corvette! :biggrin:

Seriously, this is a stock, well cared for GN. In my experience, there aren't that many unmolested examples around, at least in my part of the world.

I think that you have several things working against you.
This is not the best time of the year to be selling a car
The car is an 86 not an 87
low options
the price of the car vs mileage (roughly 75,000 mi ) over $17,000.00 US:eek:
Not a large audience for canadian cars if its an analog dash
I would say that you are about 5 grand too high

I've never understood the '86 vs. '87 thing. They made over four times as many '87s as they made '86s. And there is no difference power wise between the two cars, GM just rated the engine differently for '87. So it all comes down to a thin chrome strip on the grill, and grey door pulls vs. black ones.

I will concede that my car is "low optioned", but these cars didn't really have a huge number of options to begin with (if it had remote passenger mirror, twilight sensor, concert sound and a power seat it would be loaded to the gills).

Its a hardtop, which I've discovered is a much better bet than a T-top or Astroroof car durability wise.

It has the electronic climate control, which is rare (and kinda cool).

Its interior is fresh and clean, and looks almost untouched (which is more than I can say for most GNs I've seen for sale on this board and others).

Its a really nice car. Still for sale.

keep it up...you'll sell!......maybe a little steep on the $..but that's just my opinion:confused: ....I don't think the 86 vs 87 means anything..again MO

Thanks for the kind words. I did have one call, but the guy wanted an Astroroof or T-Top, wouldn't even look at my nice Hardtop. Oh well, I guess she will have to sit for the winter, and I will put some energy into advertising her in the spring and summer. I agree its not the best time of year to be selling a car like a GN.

Back