You can type here any text you want

1986 GN bogs out at 8 psi why?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Don't do both at one time. Do one, then the other to help diagnose the issue. Do test runs between part changes.
He never said he had any issues at all before the change, so why not put both back on at the same time. Now he says he changed all the other stuff at once, that's a different story.

He never said he had any issues at all before the change, so why not put both back on at the same time. Now he says he changed all the other stuff at once, that's a different story.

My point, exactly.

But why not change one at a time? Is it that hard or time consuming?

He did several wholesale changes, never once thinking of the implications all the several changes might result in.

Now he's FUBAR and asking for the board's help.

I hope he is able to find his way to a resolution.

Just as you did, I asked him to reverse course and see if what he CHANGED may have possibly resulted in his new issue.

I'm pretty certain that is what happened, but I'm not that good. A lot of guys here are....... but he hasn't come back with any more info, so...............

Last edited:
Not trying to pick on you OP, only trying to help you fix your issue.

upload_2016-10-4_17-44-24.jpeg

Did you possibly install the Mass air backwards?
Did you remove ONE screen from the MAF for the Turbo Tweak chip?
Is there ANY screens in the MAF?

Did you possibly install the Mass air backwards?
Did you remove ONE screen from the MAF for the Turbo Tweak chip?
Is there ANY screens in the MAF?

Again, wholesale changes with no baseline data........

OP please come in and give us something to work with. Don't take what as been said as criticism.

There are soooo many here who will offer to get your car right, yet ALL of them need info...........

Back