You can type here any text you want

1986 GN Drivetrain Value

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BAH

Could I get some feedback on the value of a complete1986 GN drive train...Everything from AC condenser to the Rearend..77,000 miles..All factory stock..Complete liftout with wiring..I heard it run before being removed.Car was totaled..Any ideas would be appreciated.Thanks

That seems a little high to me. When I bought the LC2 pull for my 67 Firebird hybrid I paid $1800 shipped to my door for a complete 87 LC2 pull out. I did not get the oppurtunity to hear it run before it was pulled so a known running engine would be worth more. I went thru the motor and added forged Pistons and billet mains, champion heads and built it into a mid 10 second engine and later sold it with about 2500 miles on it for $6500 complete with everything needed to go mid 10's. The motor went into the Malibu that was featured in Car Craft a few years back. I would think the motor would be worth $2500-2800.

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/ccrp-1208-1980-chevy-malibu-grandmas-cooking/

Doesn't seem high considering what he asks, my estimate was for what he stated, everything from the condensor to the rear end. So my estimate included, motor, trans, driveshaft, rearend and all wiring, ecu, and he stated it only has 77k miles and it runs. So my estimate is pretty close.

Prices may be higher where you live but I would not come close to paying $6k for a stock GN drivetrain. I bought a rust free 86 T-Type with a rebuilt motor and CK Perfromance 200r4 for $5500 for the entire car. There was a 100k mile 87 turbo T on Craigslist locally a few weeks ago for $4500 and it looked to be decent car and you could drive it home. I would not pay top dollar for a 30 year old motor even if they claimed it had 77k miles because these is no way to verify that and there is no way to be sure that wasn't a very hard 77k or 177k.

Back