1986 Grand National Hardtop

As you look at the photos.....When I got the car I did not clean any of the interior nor even vacuum the carpets....it was that clean. I did replace the padded drivers side armrest as it had a tear in it and of course installed 4 new strap caps. Otherwise its like I got the car. Car was driven about 60 miles to my house.

I did not even clean the windows, nor wash the car nor polish the car. I did clean the rims and wiped the tires down.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Would it be the 307 Motor? I hear that was a pretty rare thing. T-Type and 307. But maybe I am mistaken and it is the 87 T's that could have been ordered that way.

No that was only offered in 1987 only mainiy to offer an option for the "look" without the steep insurance premiums for 16 year olds...

no correct answers to either contest as of yet...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

CONTEST UPDATE

We got a winner on the grille pictured in the background on my pole barn wall. Person emailed me.

It is a Jaguar.....I also got the dash out of the car. Car only had 56,000 miles miles on it. Was a 4 door sedan I think it was a 1995 model. It came in on the clunker deal earlier.

So, the only mini contest remaining is what is the unusual/rare seldom seen option that was in the 1986 T-Type Regal I picked up Saturday?

the clock continues to tick....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

No....I don't think you could get a funky padded roof in 1986....but that is not correct.

I also have the window sticker to back up my contest....plus like I said I owned the car back in 2000.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis your killing me.. Hmmm. I also hear Manual Trans was rare in G-Bodys but I doubt that is it. Maybe in-glass antena? What else could it be... No factory A/C?

Any of those? lol.

No correct answers yet...on what rare feature is in this 1986 T-Type I got in...with window sticker to back it up.

How rare is rare?

I have bought and sold just over 300 of the 1986-1987 Turbo Regals....only had this one.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

and the clock continues to tick......

Four Wheel Discs? Air-Bag? Seat-Belt delete? No tires? Ahh I can't think of anything lol. How about engine delete? I really have no clue anymore. Anything after this is just nonsense lol.

Half console for the 45/45 leather seats

You nailed it....what I need is one of you guys to send me private email so I can have that person post the photo.

Here is what is unique...in 1986 the half console was an option for $82 code was DE9....In 1987 with the leather 45/45 seats the console was part of the package.

In the 1986 T-Type the leather seat option either in grey or tan was a $595 option code was AS7 for either color. In the Limited regular V6 for 1986 the leather seat option was only $295. Why the difference? I don't know.

They made 124 of the 1986 T-Type Turbo Regals with grey leather BUT ONLY 55 were produced with the tan 45/45 seats. This is one of those cars. This is documented in my kirban guide to 1986-1987 Turbo Regal books. Back whe nI was researching my book 14 years ago I made a great contact with a guy at Buick who had a lot of this info handy. (Those days are long gone).

What makes the 1986 T-Type Turbo Regal different from the 1987 that may have the pillow leather seats is.......the 1986 still had the standard regular style door panels not the better style 1987 limited style with the metal pull straps.

this will be visible in a photo that hopefully someone will email me their email address so I can post it. mY source hat does this its probably too late tonite for him to do it for me.

This car carried a sticker price of $16,627.00 (owner had aftermarket astroroof installed. Ashame this car is so bad off but business is business.

Anyrate congrats....to the winner.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

need someone to send me email so I can send photo to post of this rare feature/option.

Hahaha...Made my night. It was when you said in the car that got me thinking. Then it is on page 192 of your book.

Hahaha...Made my night. It was when you said in the car that got me thinking. Then it is on page 192 of your book.

pot your message with email so tomorrow will forward you photos to post for me...

What is interesting on the window sticker for code for the seats it just shows **** no code number but does show code number for half console...

Car is well optioned but lacks a posi rear end. No digital dash or touch climate control either.

I guess another possible reason tan leather was so rare is I would think most buyers of T-Types picked a color other than black since if you wanted black the logical choice would have been the GN....if money was not a problem. Tan goes good with black.

Just my thinking....you don't see many black T-Types or Turbo-Ts against all the other color possibilities.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Is this the option you are refer too?

25419214531.jpg

I have looked at a lot of pictures of T-Types and have yet to see another with column shift either.

More Pictures

Is this the option you are refer too?

25419214531.jpg

I have looked at a lot of pictures of T-Types and have yet to see another with column shift either.

More Pictures

That is correct that is a 1986 being it has the gray leather it is one of just 124 produced. Note: the regular door panels that tips you off it is a 1986 model. As leather was only offered in the Limited Turbo versions in 1987 which had the upgraded door panels. The photos of my tan one will be posted tomorrow afternoon that way now readers can view both as mine also has the $82 option mini console.

Mine has a power driver seat which was another $225 option...does yours have it also? Its ashame most of us back when these cars were new, where basically in the dark, and without the lack of the internet not fully aware of what rare possibilities could have been ordered from Buick back then.

My personal Turbo T that I own now is rare but like many owners I have no way of knowing how many were built in the combo. Mine has chrome mirrors and low options.

For 1984-1985 owners of Ts its the rare Lear Seiglar seats that is rare option and super rare is a power driver seat with lear cloth seats again referring to the T-Type models not the GNs back then that had leather Lear Sieglar seats. I know I spelled Sieglar two ways. In some of my Buick literature it is spelled two different ways further proof we all make mistakes!

Thanz...for posting the interior shot...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

It's actually a picture of my 85, not sure if the driver's seat is power. It's still waiting for me to decide to get to work on it.

Is there a break down on how many t-ypes came in each color?Don't mean to hi-jack your thred ,you just seem to have alot of info on these cars. Thanks

Is there a break down on how many t-ypes came in each color?Don't mean to hi-jack your thred ,you just seem to have alot of info on these cars. Thanks

Appreciate the comments....as for high jacking my thread it doesn't bother me. Unfortunately Buick records on these cars are impossible to get or even know if break downs existed. Adding to the issue is regular V6 and V8 Regals where part of the group. So knowing exact number of any particular color combo can't be determined for turbo models.

Adding to the mess or confusion is the many different options you could order.

I have covered what I feel are rare examples and this would be some of the exterior colors that had oddball interiors...example seeing a black T with say a burgundy interior as most would be grey.

I had a dark grey 86 T-Type years ago it had a blue interior again somewhat rare as most would have a grey gut.

Some of the what I call funky colors where discontinued during production so those colors would be rare sage color tan beige etc....not exciting colors during production. White was popular....its like Monte Carlo SS seems most are that burgundy color.

Its ashame that no exacting records exist to my knowledge unlike other car models that had its own unique VIN number example the 2004-2006 GTOs they got records of every combo built so 20 years hence from now owners of those cars will know how many black had a two tone red and black gut for example.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I have covered what I feel are rare examples and this would be some of the exterior colors that had oddball interiors...example seeing a black T with say a burgundy interior as most would be grey.
[/email]

My black/chrome T has the burgandy interior.
I hadn't realized that was a rare combo.