1987 Buick Regal T-type (Help with information please)

jc custom

I have a 1987 Buick Regal T-type. My wife's parents purchased the car new and it has been stored in their garage for several years. I would get the car out clean it up and start it a few times a year with my wife's father. Unfortunately, my father in law can no longer drive or care for the car due to his health. I need to determine exactly which car and options that I have, and determine a selling price so it can be sold. How is the best way to determine the options that were included with this car from the factory? As far as I know, the car is all stock from factory with no modifications. There is about 98,000 miles on the car. The original brake master cylinder is still on the car and does not work well, it needs to be replaced. The car is 2-tone brown and I have never seen this color combo on another Regal T-Type. The fender fillers all need to be replaced. Thanks!

016fbbaa9493f1f8b5462271a8ffc33fa63290e6bf.jpg
01f73b0eefc7880955dd80d2af10bba6da112337dc.jpg

Attachments

• 01aaa84d9b4cfa941e146a726e897ca9ebd6d76702.jpg
    01aaa84d9b4cfa941e146a726e897ca9ebd6d76702.jpg
    748.7 KB · Views: 167
Open the trunk. There's a SPID decal there, with all the options on it.
The brake deal is probably the Powermaster has failed, or is about to. DO NOT drive it, until it's been fixed.
An 87, is identified as a Turbo T.
Could be a nice car, with a bit of TLC.
Suggest you ask for a board member that's close, to help you. Let us know where you are located.
STAY away from a dlr.

Open the trunk. There's a SPID decal there, with all the options on it.
The brake deal is probably the Powermaster has failed, or is about to. DO NOT drive it, until it's been fixed.
An 87, is identified as a Turbo T.
Could be a nice car, with a bit of TLC.
Suggest you ask for a board member that's close, to help you. Let us know where you are located.
STAY away from a dlr.

Thank you,
I found the SPID in the trunk. Is there a web site that I can go to to decipher the codes? I am located in Powell, Tennessee.

Last edited:
That is a D84 car, Buick made four different color combos in 1987. On the SPID in the truck you'll see the code D84 which is for the two tone paint.

I might be mistaken but I think the GNTtype site has the codes listed? www.gnttype.org Lot's of helpful folks on this forum. Good luck.

That is a nice looking car. You don't see many D84 designer series cars.

So should I upgrade the brakes before I sell it or just sell it as is? What would be a good ball park asking price for the car as is ? Thanks!

Only my opinion so take it for what it's worth. 98k miles, needs fillers and brakes and probably a few other things if it has been setting for several years. As a seller I'm starting at 10k. As a buyer I'm starting at 6k. So somewhere in the middle. Just my .02

Ttops? Maybe post pics of roof area with tops removed.. also some interior pics.. Great to see a rare car like this thanks for posting

Last edited:
The brake system might be a switch or accumulator ball. You might get up to $16000 if it ran & looked its best. But that could cost around $1500 to fix those things if you're halfway savvy.

goto gm media archives website, pay $50 bucks and they will send you a copy of the original invoice which will have a list of all of the options the car came with plus the original selling dealers info. That is a low optioned car just looking at the SPID. I agree with probably a $6-10k selling price range being sold as is.

Looks nice! I would do the bumper fillers, brakes, and tune and list it for 15k and see if anyone bites.