You can type here any text you want

1987 Buick T -- Beauty AND Speed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gr8xlr8r

CA ’87 Buick T

One of two Buick Turbos owned
Located in the SFO bay area
Owned/Garaged since ’93
Well Maintained
Fast and Strong
Built Motor
Built Transmission (200-4R)
Fuel Injected (55#)
Front-Mount Intercooler
Metal-flake burgundy paint
Straight body - never wrecked (never even dinged)
Anti-theft

This car is not for everyone but will be a great car for that Buick guy who is looking for beauty and speed. In the 90s this car was taken to the track just enough to fine-tune for street-racing. And since performance tells ALL this car’s best quarter-mile time is 12.0 on pump gas using the current set-up and slicks (on a hot day in Sacramento). If you want faster times with this car add racing gas and boost and run well into the 10s. I have two Buicks so this car hasn't been driven much since the 90s but I have NO fear on ANY street ANYwhere when I'm driving this car.

The car has a new headliner but does have some upholstery wear on the driver-side door. The pull-handles need work and there is a small tear in the drivers seat backrest. It also leaks a little oil in between changes. I believe I am the second owner, the car also has a "Salvaged" title due to being stolen (and recovered in-tact) before I purchased.

I'm selling because I'm now working at home so no commute and hardly need even one car as some of our members who know me will verify. The car is also currently on sfbay.CraigsList.org (search sfbay for "87 Buick T"). I'm also working in getting my GN ready for sale but it won't be ready for awhile yet.

Last, I also have Buick parts available including 2) motors, 2) 200-4R transmissions, 1) posi-rear-end, rebuilt alternators, 2) new power-masters, Buick manuals, turbo link, scan master, trim pieces, wide T-Type rims, etc., etc.

Thanks,
James, 408.446.4433

Attachments

• Left Front.JPG
    Left Front.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,397
  • Right Rear.JPG
    Right Rear.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,394
The price is $11,000

Sorry I did not get the price into the ad. Is there a way to edit the ad to include the price?

Am guessing the frame mileage is somewhere between 150k and 200k. The speedodometer wasn't working when I got the car in '93.

Mods include front mount, big doghouse and exhaust, te60, 55# chip and everything a 12.0 street car needs; a truly wild ride without slicks. I know there are other street cars but with me this car has lost only once (to a trailered track-car -- and I wasn't driving).

Capable of running 10s. But I was happy with 12s (and UN-stressing the drive-train). I also did not want to start cutting up the body for roll-bars.

Who cares if its a salvaged title car? Go look at it, inspect the car, make sure its right, and make an offer. Just cause its salvaged titled doesnt mean its a piece of crap. You wouldnt believe some of the reasons why some cars get that branded name...............

i'd say around 7k depending on if it looks that nice in person and runs good. A good test drive can always sway somebody to your price.

Bud,

Sorry to see you are selling the car. This car is well built and worth every dime. It is fast, reliable, and is babied beyond belief. The oil leaks are more than likely because Bud never drives the damn thing so the gaskets don't swell. Sit=leak, drive=:)

Tyson

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback (couldn't reply sooner - am just super-busy right now). I bought the ScanMaster and TurboLink in the 90s so they are not new but still work great! And yes, TYSON (hope things are going GREAT for you!!) I'm really gonna hate to see both of my cars go You are right; both cars are just sitting in the garage needing to be driven. So am looking for a good home for both. So many good kill-stories -- some posted on the original gnttype.org list back in the early 90s when there were less than 100 members.

BoostedEvIL may be right in that I'm a little high on the $11K price. But in my 25 years of being around these cars I've never seen a CA salvaged title car with this combination listed for $7k. I can negotiate some on the price because I do want to sell, but if it's only worth $7k I'd rather keep the car as a summertime, fairweather thrill-ride. Thanks again!!

Back