1987 GN for sale in Southern Michigan

I realize this is an 87 but my 86 GN has a T horn button and not the tri-shield
According to one of Kirban books the 86's came with either.
Does that sound right to you ?
Steve

I also have the original GN floormats in great shape. They are not shown in the pics. I have them in the trunk so they stay clean

This car really needs to go. Somebody make me a reasonable offer and it's yours. Thanks

Make me an offer. I need the cash!!!!

I will take the best offer I get for the car in the next few days. I need the cash quickly. Thanks

I got a chance to look at this car in person this morning. Here's my quick, unbiased review:

The best thing that this car has going for it is a long term female owner who really loves the car. She has taken great care of this car, and if it obvious that she really doesn't want to sell it.

I found the recent paint job to be one of the better ones that I've seen on a GN. There are a few mistakes on the trim reassembly, but it is minor. The owner admitted rust in the quarters and the floor prior to the paint work. I also found evidence of rust in the original doors, which had been restored/repaired during the body restoration. This car shows extremely well!

One of the rims is destroyed from oxidation. The other three are just dull. The tires are in good condition.

The interior is clean, but the car has been smoked in. Admittedly, I could not smell smoke, but the car presents with a dirty ashtray - and I found a cigarette wrapper under the driver's seat. The out-of-place Turbo "T" horn button has already been mentioned.

The dash plastic has been destroyed. An aftermarket stereo installation included larger front speakers that the stock plastic wouldn't fit over.

This is a rare "stripper" GN with roll up windows. I found that interesting.

Gauges: I hate the "GNX" dash, but this is the one that Quality Engineering produced when these cars were new. It's full of VDO gauges, and everything functions with the exception of the speedo. If you like this style of dash, then you already know the value.

I found my biggest concern on the bottom of the car. The exhaust is completely rusted, and for me, it would need immediate replacement. I also found signs of other rust issues.

I started the car, but I did not drive it. It started and idled well, and the engine was very clean. I'll leave the test drive up to the next person that inspects the car.

I'm far from an expert on these cars, but I thought that I'd share some observations on this car with anyone else considering it. Overall, I was quite pleased with how nice this car shows. And, I was extremely impressed with how knowledgeable and caring the owner is with this GN. This car would make an excellent driver that could be enjoyed as is or modified to suit your interests.

Good luck.
S.R.