1987 GN For Sale

URSPANKED

I am selling my GN, with the mods listed in my sig. The engine has about $10k in it, but has developed a rattling sound when you hold it at a steady rpm and give it a little gas (like around 1500). The guy who built it told me he thought it might be a piston. We blew a head gasket about a year ago, and was told my a mechanic that the pistons looked good. We rebuilt the Champion GN1s with new SS valves, and put on a set of Cometics. The engine still runs fine and the car drives fine. The only other problem that just developed a couple of days ago, is that the transmission is really mushy between 1st and 2nd. I checked the fluid and it's fine. The transmission has probably less than 10,000 miles on it. I pulled it and had it freshened up when we did all the work on the motor. It has a shift kit (naturally), Kevlar clutches, and a billet servo.
I am physically and financially no longer able to maintain this car. I promise you, when you see it, you will not be disappointed. It is a fantastic-looking car. The interior is in absolutely great shape, although not like new. The paint is awesome. It's almost a show car paint job.
For someone who knows these cars and has the time, I feel the engine could be fixed and you could easily have a high 10 sec. car.
I am looking for the best offer over $10k. The car itself has about 150,000 miles on the body. It has a brand new set of Nitto 555rs on the back, BFG T/As on the front.
I will email other pictures upon request. I live about 30 miles from Houston.

Attachments

• GN 12_edited.jpg
    GN 12_edited.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 556
Andy82 - It's a t-top car. When it was painted, I had all the rusted areas sandblasted and repaired, and all new rubber seals installed. Car also has the rear seat braces.

I have a local guy that i was on the phone with for over 2 hours last night talking about this car mostly, and a few others.

Is there anything that you could do to sweeten the deal?

He wants a super super nice body car like yours with all the goodies.

He saw it on ebay, ( I just now saw its here on tb.com) and we agreed that paying for a car before you see it in person is not a good idea.

Where are the underhood shots?

If you want to email more pictures, please do so and i will talk with him today.
My email is wanner@kc.rr.com

He is a serious buyer, and wants me to pick it up for him if you guys can work out a deal.
BW:biggrin: :biggrin:

LOL, well i just got a pm about it not being for sale on ebay...

Hope they enjoy it. I let my local guy know that it has sold

BW