You can type here any text you want

1987 GN in NC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

redwolf

Starting a new thread, car is now being stored at my step-dad's and no longer being used as a driver, but I still need to sell it due to family situation.

1987 Grand National with T-tops. Third owner, have owned 5 years, always a southern car, no rust (even in the t-tops!).

Since owning I have replaced:

* water pump
* timing chain
* rear main seal
* power master brake system
* alternator
* fuel pump (used a Walboro)
* reupholstered front seats
* added a pioneer CD player

The transmission was rebuilt at 100k miles with heavy duty components from CK Performance, it shifts great. Car has 115k miles but is in good shape mechanically, oil always changed every 3 months or 3000 miles, whichever first, with Mobil 1. It has a few minor mods:

* turbo back exhaust
* Big Mouth cold-air intake
* adjustable fuel pressure regulator
* Turbotweak chip
* all available frame braces (behind rear seat, front frame to crossmember)
* RJC underhood boost controller
* RJC big oil filter adapter
* 2800 stall converter (installed with transmission)
* f-body aluminum radiator

The car comes with most of the original parts; i.e. the original downpipe, original radio, etc. The negatives on the car are the paint is showing its age, especially on the horizontal surfaces, there is some oxidation, and the usual cracks at the b-pillars behind the t-tops, and some spiderwebbing around the driver's side door handle. However, the body is really straight and solid, no rust. The AC is not as cold as it was last summer, so it will probably need a recharge after this one, and even though the rear main seal has been replaced twice, it still leaks a little bit of oil from it, totals less than a quart between oil changes.

Car runs and drives great, has been used as a daily driver most of the time I've owned it. I've never beaten on the car, just used it as a driver because I love these cars. Selling because of family situation, hate to see it go, but sometimes priorities have to change. Price $9500, pretty firm but willing to listen to something reasonable. Let me know what you think, I'll get back to you ASAP.

If you want to run a carfax, VIN is:1G4GJ1172HP463253

Attachments

• DSC00573 (Small).JPG
    DSC00573 (Small).JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 692
  • DSC00532 (Small).JPG
    DSC00532 (Small).JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 692
  • DSC00531 (Small).JPG
    DSC00531 (Small).JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 692
  • DSC00582 (Small).JPG
    DSC00582 (Small).JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 691
  • DSC00537 (Small).JPG
    DSC00537 (Small).JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 687
more pics

Attachments

• DSC00556 (Small).JPG
    DSC00556 (Small).JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 691
  • DSC00553 (Small).JPG
    DSC00553 (Small).JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 687
  • DSC00565 (Small).JPG
    DSC00565 (Small).JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 684
  • DSC00540 (Small).JPG
    DSC00540 (Small).JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 678
  • DSC00566 (Small).JPG
    DSC00566 (Small).JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 673
Bump for a clean car from NC. Wish you were looking to trade. Good luck with it.

I've got the emblems, half of them don't look so good though, you'd probably want to get new ones.

There's a guy in NC on this board, username is KevinW, he's been looking for a GN for awhile. PM him he might be interested.

Back