1987 Grand National Speaker Size

AeR0

a friend of mine has a 87 grand national and it has the factory speakers in it however they sound horrible as they are the stock pair and more or less have gave out. he is wanting to upgrade the speaker sizes but does not know the size of the speakers but claims there are 2 in the dash 2 in the door and 2 in the rear deck? is that correct and if so what are the sizes??

thanks for the help guys.

3.5 round in the dash,5.25 in the doors,and 4x10 in the rear deck.If you have the Concert Sound option the dash speakers,and the door speakers are wired together.

I just installed a complete system in my 87 with the concert sound. The above sizes are right on the money. The door and dash were wired together like a component system, the dash are the tweeters and the doors and the mid range. I went ahead and installed infinity 5.25 on the doors that were 2 inch deep and they fit perfectly and installed some tweeters on the dash. As far as the rears the shop that did the work was able to install a pair of 6x9's, now im not sure what they had to do to make them fit but they look perfect.

hey there i got the reply back when it was posted thanks for helping me out.. i just thought i would take the time to come back on here and thank you as you gave me the information i needed so fastly.

thanks again and awesome cars on here keep up the good work you guys have a good community here!

if you upgrade the speakers, and leave in the stock head unit, it will sound like crap, go get an alpine head unit, a decent 4 channel amp, and replace all the speakers. It will make your friend a happier camper.:cool:

When I put my 6x9 speakers in I just went to a local radio store and bought a plastic adapter then put them back in the rear, the metal clips even went around the 6x9 to hold it in.
Sure made a nice difference.
Will check out 5 inchers in the front deck.:cool: