1987 T-top GN

redwolf

Looking to sell my 87 GN with T-tops. My wife is unexpectedly pregnant, and since we already have a 1 year old, priorities around here are changing. Here's the info on it, pictures are in my profile.

The car has no rust, originally a Florida car, been in NC since 1998. I bought it in 2003, am the third owner.

The odometer reads 9000, it rolled over early last year. However, that is not the actual mileage on the car. I rebuilt the transmission a little over a year ago and discovered that the speedometer gear was incorrect. I was unable to replace it at the time because the car had become my daily driver. Anyway, it reads 109,000, but I'd guess the actual is between 80k and 90k.

Over the last 2-3 years, I've replace or fixed quite a few things:
-recovered the front seats
-POR-15 on the interior floor pan while the seats were out
-new rear main seal
-new water pump
-new alternator
-new Heat/AC blower motor
-replaced the stock timing chain with a Cloyes double roller
-the Power Master brake system
-new tires last year, about 8,000miles on them
-had the driver side header crack welded by the guy at TurboTune in Greensboro
-rebuilt the transmission with the Stage II kit from CKPerformance
-replaced the stock torque converter with a 2800 stall converter street/strip converter
-Concert Sound II system, replaced original speakers with Pioneers, added Pioneer head unit

The car also has a few bolt on's:
-Mease 3" SS downpipe
-Hooker cat-back
-RJC power plate
-RJC boost controller
-hotwired Walboro fuel pump
-Big Mouth cold air intake
-air bags in rear springs
-pillar boost gauge, console oil and water gauges
-adjustable fuel pressure regulator
-Turbotweak chip, for 16lbs boost on 93 octane

It will come with the original downpipe, replacement valve springs I never got around to installing, the original radio, a car cover, sunshades from GNXDash that slide under the t-tops, 12 disc changer that can plug into the head unit, Turbolink v4 and a cable to connect from the car to a laptop.

The paint is really good on most of the car, a few parking lot dings, and some slight spiderwebbing around driver's side door handle. Car was repainted by the original owner, but the hood has been repainted. Hood does not match perfectly from all angles, but it looks like a wet sand and buff would probably make it great. Overall, I would give the exterior a 7.5-8 out of 10. Paint is really deep, and looks great, just not a show car. Interior is good, a few pieces of plastic trim with cracks, but that is it. Definitely a 8 of 10.

I'm asking $12,000, but definitely willing to talk. Not looking to trade, just selling. I've tried to anticipate all questions and be completely upfront. Any more questions, just ask and pictures are in my gallery. Thanks.

Sounds like a nice car. Do you have any pics?

Attachments

• Mustang 003.jpg
    Mustang 003.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 3,130
Here's a few pics. I'll see if I can get some shots to show the whole car tomorrow.

hello. please call me i am interested in your car. my number is 412 826 9087. you can call anytime. i look forward to talking to you very soon.

PM replied to. Give me a call tonight and let's finalize the deal. I'm ready to buy it, but patience is NOT my strong suit. :cool:

Unfortunately, I had gone to bed before I saw the last message from VegasSE, so he bought a different one that night. So, ttt.

Still for sale, if anyone has a subaru forester or outback, I'd be willing to trade, but only for one of those.