You can type here any text you want

1987 Turbo T rolling chassis 23,000 miles

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Shorti28,my comment was not directed at you. You have the right to ask any amount you want for your car. And no doubt it's a nice car, but it has to fill someones needs. I had $40,000 in my stage 2 race car, but I decided to sell it. I sold it to the first person who showed me $20,000 cash. Sure I lost money but I enjoyed over 10 years of building and racing the car. Point being,some people want to appraise someone's car when they couldn't or wouldn't even buy it. I have been in the real estate and car business for 30 years and have never seen such a bad market. One good example.I bought a commercial property for $35,000, spent $20,000 on it. Two years later it appraised for $37,000!! Six years later, in 2000, I sold it for $175,000, because the market was good. The property has still not resold and is now worth less than 1/2 what it was in this economy. Timing is everything and one man's junk is another man's treasure. I can give you a hundred examples. Almost everyone on this forum, myself included, admires your car,i'm sure, but it has to fit their price and needs at the time. I, personally, would give more for the car w/o the roll bar,notched frame and 9" rearend, but that's the point I was making. In closing,good luck with the sale. Nice car.

I understand and in no way have a bad attitude or am upset with anyone here. I just think that 3k is an insult and is someone obviously not serious about buying. Its my fault for not doing my homework on the value of the car. I have had good success selling things on here and believe most of us here are honest and care about the cars. You being in real estate know what your neighbor sells his house for, effects you selling yours.

I have an engine/trans and need a roller. This car is exactly what I would like. Personally I have no problem with the asking price. The problem I have is I would need to sell something to be able to pay for it but, unfortunately the market will not allow me to do that right now so I am thinking of other options. Loan? Then I could hold onto what I have (need to sell) untill the market gets better.

Enough of my ramblings, now some questions about the subject:

Does it have a spool/locker/posi?

What engine management does/did it have?

Was it black originally? Can you post pic of label in trunk?

Thanks a bunch,

it has a ford 9 with a spool 350 gears 35 spline axles and disc brakes. There is no fuel management. Yes black originally

I have sold low mileage rollers for a LOT of $$$$ .. $6-10K :p these were like new cars minus the eng and trans.. there are a LOT of people that are looking for cars like this!! (up here in the north east is rust bucket heaven:eek: ) market sucks BUT stuff is still selling.. Just may have to wait for the "right" buyer.. $3k ?? Ill come down tomorrow and pick it up :p Good luck with the sale!!!

Thank you grumpy for your input. I might just hold off selling it and put my LQ4 motor in and drive it for awhile untill the market comes back. This car is really nice and I dont think I could find another like it if I wanted another Turbo buick again.

Back