You can type here any text you want

1988 gta notch back?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1986TR

"EVIL RGL"
anybody know whats so special about this option? are they worth anything?a friend bought one at a auction pretty nice i figured some one here would know about this thanks for any input fellas

anybody know whats so special about this option? are they worth anything?a friend bought one at a auction pretty nice i figured some one here would know about this thanks for any input fellas

Very Rare! I know a guy who bought one brand new. They were all equipped with the 305 engine and also had the dual bucket rear seats that were "specific" to the turbo t/a

well this one has the 5.7 tpi i called dealer and the 8th digit is a 8 wich is a 5.7 what do you guys think its worth? thanks:biggrin:

Hell yeah. make sure its original. A couple friends of mine bought the hatch aftermarket. neither of them had the rear defrost on them. If the car is clean it is worth it for sure

well i searched on line and the option code for the hatchback is AA8 looked in the center console glove compartment it had the rpo sticker and it sure has the AA8 code!!!!!this is black with the gold gta wheels pretty clean has 100k miles my buddy will let me get it for what he paid 2k what you guys think?:biggrin:

Like this?

picture-gta-notchback-3.jpg

Go for it.

2 showed up at a local Pontiac show...1 real nice, 1 not so nice :cool:

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

-Scott

i mean is it worth more than 2k?[/QUOTE]

OK! It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. That being said, Rich Vant' Hoff bought a white one around 6 years ago and he paid a lot more than 2K for it. He tried to sell it on the 'Car Motor Sports' website for several years. I don't know what happened with it. I'd say, if you want it, buy it, but I wouldn't buy it as an investment. Just my 2 cents.

3rd gens are not the hottest cars to get rid of.. as far as their parts .. TTA specific are $$$.. reg parts ya throw them in a car you are goin to junk :eek: thats what I am doin with my stuff. :p

I think people are wasting their money if they buy something just because it is rare. Buy something you like. Now if you can't find what you like because it is rare then sometimes you have to pay more for it.

Does anyone here like the notchback for any reason other than its uniqueness? My personal opinion is that the glass looks better and allows more cargo room. I suppose in warmer climates the "greenhouse" affect would be much less with the smaller window. Also might help security in high crime city type areas, neither problem really occurs in my neck of the woods.

If the car is a nice car it would be worth more than $2K. Any nice F-body deserves a home and the prices will only be going up on the third gens. I really beleive a clean Iroc or GTA of any kind will be a good investment right now because they are so cheap. But they need to be nice.

My $.02

Back