You can type here any text you want

1990 Pontiac Firebird Formula sway bar

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

916lupian

i tried looking up the size but no luck, does anyone know the size that the sway bar on this car are? found one a the yard so wanted to know if i could use this one

You need to measure it to find out. There are three different sizes depending on options.

They have 5 differant sizes. There was the 36mm. They also had 1 3/16, 1 1/8 1 1/4 and 1 inch I think the f41 suspension was the 36mm bar.

i know the car is a formula 1990 with a tbi 350, theres a lot of parts still left on the car in any one need parts

Sway bar

Your looking for a car with the WS6 option to get a 36mm bar. Not sure on the transplant as the 2nd gen F-body bolts on directly. Measure from side to side on the Regal, then check the 3rd gen part. If close, get it & the mounts & hardware. A new set of end links & your in business.

This is a common swap on the A-bodies, I used a 1.25 inch F-body on my GS California. It tilts the end links slightly inward. No effect on the geometry, but handles much better.

Jim

FYI - notch a piece of heavy cardboard with 36mm opening and 1.25 inch opening. Either bar will work. The 36mm should be the hollow version. Just slip the cardboard over the bar and you'll know the size.

I have found a few 36 mm bars on regular formulas,you have to use your frame brackets the f-body ones are a little wider.look for a hole in either end of the bar near the end links if it has the holes then you know you have a hollow bar and it is either 34mm or 36mm.34is like 1 5/16 36mm is closer to 1 7/16

I have a 2nd gen trans am bar on my 72 cutlass what a difference over the stock piece

found out it was a 36 mm, thanks for the help, tried to find the bushings in stock but no luck so i just ordered them

Back