You can type here any text you want

1995 Cobra...enough said!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

flyin3

well the other day one of my buddies comes rolling up in his 1995 Cobra that his dad just bought for him...he really thinks he has something for me...well two days later he blows the rear axle seals on the car. I go over while he's replacing them and he gets them done so we hit the roads...we end up going out on an old country road no cars and really long flat piece of road..we line them up..he looks over and tells me to hold on...he does a burnout..or tries to he stalled the car :cool: so we finally line them up 3 honks we take off. Im spinning like crazy so i pedal the car to get some traction. by the time i bother to look back i have him beat by 5-6 cars...not much of a race i know..but its my first kill so i was happy! anyways im having major traction issues right now so i plan on getting some nitto drag radials..then i can take it to the track and see what it does..the car is bored .10 over, comp cam, adj. FPR, race chip, boost is at 13 lbs right now...im waiting on scanmaster to turn up..my goal is to run in the 12s this year and next year i want to break the 11s well enjoy!

Good kill....at least its an easy one. All I get messing with me lately are S-2000's and its only good for a laugh!!!

get mickey thompsons and never look back!!!! you wont see and tire marks i can spool to 6 psi and launch on street and leave only a 6 inch mark before i smoked 1st 2nd and 3rd. also i ran a 12.98 on pump gas no alky with a bad tranny and convertor

whats the wear like on them...the reason i say nitto is because there supposed to last for 10,000 miles...much of a diffrence between the two?

dont need to heat them up so i guess a long time i run 18 to 20 psi in them

13 psi? Get the SM before you really start racing. When i got my car, the first guy to floor it was a local Buick guy, I didnt wanna for sure mess anything up. Either way, get the SM soon!

im planning on getting it sometime next week...im very cautious right now..

lpaulabbott said:
dont need to heat them up so i guess a long time i run 18 to 20 psi in them
Just curious, what kind of 60' times do you average without heating up the MIckey's? I have the same tires/size and always heat them up.

lpaulabbott said:
no alky with a bad tranny and convertor

That convertor aint bad, is it?

Went low 12s on a stock turbo in my car, whats the deal? :biggrin:

flyin3 said:
whats the wear like on them...the reason i say nitto is because there supposed to last for 10,000 miles...much of a diffrence between the two?

Nittos suck in the rain, at least mine did and i drive very sane.
Mickeys stick better and last a long time, work just as good at the track if not better, mileage on both are just how you drive it

BW

darkred87T said:
Just curious, what kind of 60' times do you average without heating up the MIckey's? I have the same tires/size and always heat them up.
heat and no heat i got 1.7's

Not bad. I got a 1.6 with heat and my brother got 1.5 60' with heat on the MC's. I'm still not sure what the best way is. Next time at the track, I might just spin a little to clean them off and see if I can duplicate my 1.6 with no heat. Sorry, didn't mean to jack the thread. :redface:

not a problem i was also interested in it! I also wanted to update the kid with the cobra has totaled the car a week later..he was txting on his cell phone and ran on the shoulder and over corrected and flew into a house...no one was hurt..

Back