1a auto weatherstripping?

ScottyRegal

Has anyone tried the 1a auto door seal weatherstripping....the seals that attach on the door and wrap underneath all way to the otherside. 69.95 for both, explains how it is an exact replica and soft compound...sounds promising.and at that price it be hard to pass up. Or are these just garbage?
thanks.

I bought the whole set. Seems like good stuff to me.
The doors were great.
Having a few problems with the windows sealing, but that's my fault for screwing around with the window adjustments.
Don't base your purchase on my say-so, but I wasn't at all disappointed with the quality of either the fit or the material - and I loved the price.

Aftermarket seals are junk. (fit & finish, texture, etc)

There are many parts that can't compare to OEM... and seals are one of them.

I've found that 1a auto seals are pretty good stuff and holding up now for over 10 years. Soff seal are the ones to avoid (way too hard).

I bought the A-1 seals when I first got my car 3 years ago. Finally got around to putting them on. The fit finish and texture was about as close to the OEM ones you could get IMO. I was very happy with them. There is 2 spots on each door you'll need a little shot of black silcone but other then that the install was easy. I cleaned up my doors while they were off. You do have to take off the upper door panel at least to install them. But I give em a thumbs up for sure!

Soff seal or a1???

I've tried both and wouldn't recommend either one for the upper door seals, but for the lower door seals either one would do. It's not Paul's problem, it's the seals. The a1 seals are better than the soff seal but would not use them on the upper windows unless I had manual windows.

If the little black plastic push-in screw things don't hold, use some #8 screws that have the little washers on them.
The weatherstripping has to make a turn at the top of the back on the doors and about 2/3rds of the way up the front.
I did the back first, used the GM adhesive and held it in place with masking tape until it dried. Then pushed in the white plastic posts until I got to the turn at the front. More adhesive and masking tape. Then finished up when it was dry.
Don't know if that was politically correct, but it worked for me.

hey i installed the door seals from 1A Auto. The compound is strong and soft, not hard at all. they fit very well, every piece snapped in where it should, one part i needed to silicon, i just duct taped it down until it dried, Overall im pleased, 70 bucks for both, Thanks for all your feedback on this guys.

I just did their trunk seal. Mine was shot. For aftermarket it's really close to the original. Esp. for $29.99 you can't go wrong. The part that clips to the lip of the trunk is a tiny bit smaller then the oem one but you can't tell from looking at it. It's not as puffy but the trunk closes nice and solid and seals perfect! They are the best bang for the buck if you don't want to spend all the paper on OEM stuff that's for sure!