You can type here any text you want

2-3 shift knock normal?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo96max

Guys, new to tuning these cars. I am wondering if knock btw shift 2-3 normal? when i floor the car in 3rd, i get no timing taken out (knock) on the scanmaster. when i keep it in 2nd, same thing, but when i put in d3 and let it shift, i get sometimes as much as 3 degrees of timing on the scanmaster , the nock gauge goes red but comes back down to green??

That's the place that knock is most common. Usually the point at which the highest amount of load is present.

Try to keep it to a minimum. If you're under 20# of boost, a couple degrees isn't too bad.

When you get to the point of familiarity with your tuning that you start exceeding 20# of boost (either with race gas or alky assist) you'll want to ensure that there's no knock retard.

dam, well i am trying to tune it at 20 psi on 93. i assumed by taking out timing both on 12 and 34 , then it would be fine, but i keep getting those 2-3 degreez during shift point. does this go away if the boost is turned down? how safe is it to run the car with those 3 degreez of timing every time it shifts?depending on the way the tranny shift it may be 1.5 or so degrees, but usuallu around 3. is there anything that can be done to the way the car shifts, make it smoother to avoid that momentary load?

dam, well i am trying to tune it at 20 psi on 93. i assumed by taking out timing both on 12 and 34 , then it would be fine, but i keep getting those 2-3 degreez during shift point. does this go away if the boost is turned down? how safe is it to run the car with those 3 degreez of timing every time it shifts?depending on the way the tranny shift it may be 1.5 or so degrees, but usuallu around 3. is there anything that can be done to the way the car shifts, make it smoother to avoid that momentary load?

You'll need to back off a pound or two on the boost.

See my post in this thread.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/279325-20-psi-pump-gas-timing.html

Back